Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White dots while rendering with vray

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
459 Views, 1 Reply

White dots while rendering with vray

Hello, I am trying to render the images below with vray renderer 3.40.01 and these white dots appear.  I have tried to increase the number of min and max subdivs at bucket image sampler tab. When I  render the image with override material the result looks fine. It might be a problem of material's reflection (they appear mostly on concrete and metal material) but am not sure how to fix it. Any suggestions? Thank you242737841_226739986097371_7645946287326295625_n.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobH2
in reply to: Anonymous

A good way to diagnose is to add render passes for various elements like, reflection, shadow, etc., and then see which pass has the problem. Then, tackle that aspect. With a 'reflection' pass, if you see the dots, then you know that's where the problem is and can start doing diagnosing. I know this is not a solution, but it is a good way for you to start diagnosing and know you are on the right track. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report