Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bottom of bottle renders black

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
yellowcab
775 Views, 4 Replies

Bottom of bottle renders black

Hi,

I would like to render a bottle of wine in 3ds Max 2021 and Arnold. When I render the scene the bottom of the bottle turns very dark, almost black. I would like to know how to make the bottom of the bottle brighter.

WINE_01_.png

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
madsd
in reply to: yellowcab

Could be a natural phenomena, it could also be that you don't have enough transmission rays.
If you don't have enough transmission rays, an object will start to show black areas where the last ray died before it could exit properly.

Message 3 of 5
JonasVidal

Hello my dear friend:

I believe that the problem of your bottom of bottle could be due to certain problems that I could enumerate.

1.-transmission of light rays between the glass material and the material that simulates the liquid.
2.-the increase in the factor or simulation of caustics generated by both the glass and the wine material and both materials vary their IOR levels or refraction values
3.-Apparently you are using an enviroment that is not helping you much, which reflects in that glass below your bottle and makes it look darker. bottle.
4.-If you want a better finish for your wine bottle, you should propose a lighting flow that is based on main lights and support lights (three points) as a lighting studio. Or failing that, create backlights to generate those effects in the glass of the bottle that would give it that depth you are looking for and that would give that feeling that you are looking for in the final part of your bottle.

greetings my dear friend

Message 4 of 5
domo.spaji
Message 5 of 5
madsd

Also, in one of the recent Arnold drops, they exposed Nested Dielectrics.

So you got levels to operate with, the deeper the stack the more levels needed.
Remember that the water has to cross the bottles inner surface.
This way you can make realistic bottles with water, and boubles inside.
You can wire up a point scatter shader and make a lot of boubles that will look correct.

https://docs.arnoldrenderer.com/display/A5ARP/Nested+Dielectrics

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report