Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert bitmap to tx file

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
883 Views, 6 Replies

Convert bitmap to tx file

Hello,

hoping someone can help me out. I've tried following the instructions here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to... for converting bitmap into tx files, I've downloaded the .bat file and have saved it in the right folder but it doesn't show in my /sendto options for some reason. Anyone else encountered this?

Thankyou

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
madsd
in reply to: Anonymous

Make sure that the path is correct.

You can edit the path in the .bat file.

"C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\MAXtoA_2021\maketx.exe"

This path needs to be right, so just change it.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: madsd

Hey madsd,

thanks for the quick reply. I have changed the path. As you see in the screen shot the path is per the instructions but it doesn't show in the sendto drop menu.

Message 4 of 7
madsd

Try check the attached images.
Verify that make.tx is located in the folder you refference in the .bat file.

I have no idea why it wont show up in the SENDTO quad menu, you can see it works here.

Could this be you are using administrator and different user folders? the sendto folder is user dependant, you could be adding it to the wrong user "sendto" folder.

Although, just typing "sendto" and enter will move you directly to the current user folder, so not so sure.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Ah yes, I tried the different user files, <username>/ default. no joy either way. Do you know if there is a way to run the conversion manually? The scene I have isn't so big to make this action too long. My real aim here is to minimise the rendering time.

Message 6 of 7
madsd

I found the issue.

Your file is actually named  txConverter.bat.txt

I can see that windows thinks its a text file, looking at your screenshot in the type area.

So make a new document, and make sure you save it to

txConverter.bat

not

txConverter.bat.txt

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Ah perfect, it comes up in the quad menu now, thankyou!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report