Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V-Ray materials appear black in 3ds Max

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
travis.designer.vn
502 Views, 1 Reply

V-Ray materials appear black in 3ds Max

Hi

I create a screne to render product. I use teapot to test apply V-ray material. They will be black as below:

snip trouble with black material.png

I create new teapot, apply same material they will work.

I'm find a way to fix it. I aslo did as this instruction: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Object...

It's not work. Need advice

Attached file

Thank

Travis

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hello my dear friend, looking at your scene it seems like something complex to solve in vray and it would seem that even though you apply a material, it comes out dark black and that is only because the properties of the object in vray are activated matte shadows options as I explain in the tables that I put below and after that everything is resolved. I also send you the corrected file
Look, friend, that when you finish correcting the teapot in question due to an erroneous activation of the matte shadow, an error is generated in the swirl and illumination of the material of the teapot on the far right and it is because an incompatible material has been added to vray which generates a ´problema what I detail at the end with two images of how to change the material and solve this impasse. About lighting approaches use of the physical camera I do not explain them here since I only focus on the topic you presented, I could with a good workflow in lighting approach make shorter rendering times instead of two lights for example lighting with a dome and the help of a procedural vray bitmap and inside a hdri map which would make your scene come out much more realistic and with depth .. but that's another issue ... I hope I have helped you with my answer .. greetings!

vray properties.jpgvray properties 2.jpgvray properties 3.jpgmaterial imcompatible.jpgmaterial compatible.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report