Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max crashes when adding a 5000 image sequence as a texture

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
LiamBM
282 Views, 2 Replies

3ds Max crashes when adding a 5000 image sequence as a texture

Hi, I'm trying to render a visualization that lasts about 5000 frames. Unfortunately every time I try and add a sequence of images I made on After effects as a texture, 3ds max crashes. The only way of getting the entire thing to render is by splitting the 5000 frames into 2500 and doing two separate renders. As you can imagine this is a bit of a pain.

All the images are saved as .PNG and I am using 3ds Max 2021 with Redshift.

Any ideas as to why it's struggling to import 5000 images?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BenBisares
in reply to: LiamBM

Don't normally run into situations where that many files are used so I'm unsure if it's a hard limitation but I would check your VRAM (Video card RAM) usage when importing the 5000 frame image sequence. Possibly it's eating up all of it.

Ben Bisares
Message 3 of 3
LiamBM
in reply to: BenBisares

Thanks for replying. My VRam does go up considerably when importing the 2500, but what I'm still a little confused about, is I can then add another 2500 images on a few other shaders. So essentially if I import 5000 in one go 3ds max crashes, but I can still add 5000+ images when added them in chunks of 2500. ‌‌

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report