Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

warning no file saved. You are rendering a scene with no assigned file.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
14157 Views, 6 Replies

warning no file saved. You are rendering a scene with no assigned file.

Good morning.

I have created a Kitchen scene in 3D Max but when I come to render it using either Vray or Mental Ray all I keep getting is:

'warning no file saved'

You are rendering a scene with no assigned file. Frames may be lost.

Continue yes or no?

So obviously I chose 'yes' then it goes through the rendering process showing nothing but a White screen - and it also 'loops' it continually repeats the render like it's stuck, I think they call it a batch or multiple renders but I only want one render as it's a still not an animation project.

I have been into Render set-up and tried saving it as different file types and renaming it but nothing seems to work.

Funny thing is I didn't have this problem a few days ago the same scene rendered just fine using Mental Ray and vray trial version  - so between then and now I've inadvertently broke something

I have deleted the two 'mr sky portals' the skylight and the 'physical camera' and replaced them back into the scene but to no avail.

Also in the Render Set-up properties I checked that there were no 'all white backgrounds' anywhere, including in the 'Environment' properties box as well.

Plus I have created a new scene in a completely new file and it rendered just fine using both Mental Ray and Vray, none of the 'no

file saved error appeared at all.

It's a YouTube kitchen tutorial that I've been following titled below, along with it's url and I hope I've attached the file in question correctly too.

Kind Regards.

Cad-Learner

3ds max Making of Kitchen (fast forward) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSt2f2N8UKw

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
don_3259
in reply to: Anonymous

hi dear friend the issue you have set animation segment in render menu click on single frame option then you not get that.

thanks

max sx.jpg

Autodesk Student Amassdor
Guest & Visiting Lecturer
Ali Sajjad
Message 3 of 7
don_3259

hi dear friend the issue you have set animation segment in render menu click on single frame option then you not get that

thanks

max sx.jpg

Ali Sajjad
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: don_3259

Thank you very much indeed for your swift reply re the 'render error' many thanks.
Have a great day

Cad-learner Haden Cush
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Ali I did what you suggested and selected single frame is illustrated and the error message did not appear so that's good - however when I tried to render it returned just a blank white screen again which is a pity.

I wonder what it could be?

thank you

Cad-learner

Message 6 of 7
don_3259

hi dear friend check your materials carefully i have checked there is some problem with them as you are using vray check its render settings.

thanks 

render m.jpg

Ali Sajjad
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: don_3259

I get the same problem with my rendering TT_TT. But I found your post. Thanks you so much Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report