Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contemporary ornamentation discussion for thesis research

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
380 Views, 1 Reply

Contemporary ornamentation discussion for thesis research

Hi all,

I'm writing my thesis on the relationship between ornamentation and computer aided design (CAD) in contemporary architecture. If you are willing to take part in answering a few questions could you please state your occupation eg: architect, technician etc.

What software do you use to create 3D models? 

At what stage is CAD introduced into the designing process? Do you use it to conceptualize ideas or only to represent them? Could you briefly describe the process and perhaps post some examples of your work that contain ornamentation?

What is your opinion on ornamentation in architecture? 

How has the introduction of CAD influenced your own train of thought while designing?

Does it drive you to experiment more with your designs? Have they become more complex as a result of CAD? 

Feel free to add any other comments on the topic. I've discussed examples by Zaha Hadid and Norman Foster. If you have any input on the way they use ornamentation feel free to discuss. 

Thank you,

Greta

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

I may have some insights from an industrial design standpoint. I've worked with multiple CAD programs, primarily for rendering and animation purposes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report