Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfold 3D is ignoring unchecked "Rescale Clusters" option

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
vrayrendering
841 Views, 7 Replies

Unfold 3D is ignoring unchecked "Rescale Clusters" option

Hello,
I need to pack some UVs with differently scaled clusters. I want to use the Unfold3D packing method, but it always rescales the clusters even though the Rescale Clusters option is unchecked.

It works with every other packing method, but they are not as good as Unfold3D.
Is this a bug?

asdasd.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Anyone?

Message 3 of 8

It's also splitting grouped UVs. 

Message 4 of 8

I have also experienced both the above issues, Have you tried uv-packer ? Its very usefull for quickly packing as well as udims. Also its useful for aligning uv shells. But yeah, I have noticed a few bugs in the new 3ds max 22.2 regarding uvs 😞 

Message 5 of 8

Yes UV-packer is probably the only solution. Still its a shame Autodesk doesn't care about their customers. 3Ds max needs a complete overhaul. The menu design is 20 years old, unintuitiv, hard to read and extremely slow. Patriculary the material editor. Just have a look at Blender Autodesk!

Message 6 of 8

Aye, it would be nice if someone could look at this. I can still use the old packing method, but that's not the ideal solution.

Message 7 of 8

Also the "unfold" packs elements that aren't even selected. I don't know if it's a bug, or there's a new way of doing those things :S

Message 8 of 8
Sergioka
in reply to: vrayrendering

The year 2023 is already ending and all of the above issues are still present! What a shame, Autodesk!!! Gotta use UV-Packer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report