Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with export

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
aagran002
327 Views, 2 Replies

Problems with export

I need to export some objects from one saved scene to another. I used to do this without any problems. But after either updating to Win 11 or reinstalling 3ds max ( I did both)- I can`t do this. Generally, the window that appears after pressing "export" just does not show any 3ds max scene files that I need.

perhaps, I am asking something pretty obvious, but I have recently started interacting with 3ds max, so don`t know much. 

Choosing "all files" in the export window does not help as well. 

Saving old 3Ds max files that I need and renewing them through "save as" didn`t show any files either. 

Replacing files to HDD or another disk was not successful either. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RobH2
in reply to: aagran002

Maybe you are exporting incorrectly. When you hit 'File/Export/Export Selected' it allows you to export file types OTHER than .max files, like OJB, FBX, STL, etc. I won't show any .max file as it's allowing you to tell it what other format to export. 

If you want to export just an object or two from Max you can use 'File/Save Selected...' and export the selected object as it's own .max file. You can later use 'File/Import/Merge' to bring it back in. 

If you do a lot of object transferring between Max files I've found and can't live without a script I found called 'Copitor.' Mathiew Jacquin made it and it's as inexpensive as you want it to be. You pay what you think it's worth, but it's worth more that what most people probably pay him...lol...  Check it out as it's one of the handiest scripts I use. 

https://zoffty.gumroad.com/l/Copitor

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 3
RobH2
in reply to: aagran002

Just checking back, did you ever solve this?

Rob Holmes

EESignature

3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report