Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set keyboard shortcut for several of the snap toggles.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
240 Views, 0 Replies

Unable to set keyboard shortcut for several of the snap toggles.

At "Main UI" of keyboard configuration screen (in category Snaps - Standard) I am unable to set keyboard shortcut for the following commands:

They all start with "Snap to" and end in "Toggle":

- End/Segment

- Endpoint

- Face (A little bit critical don't you think for a bug that has persisted for years and to be frank I haven't been using 3ds max for this [and maybe you don't care but I didn't choose an autodesk alternative]....)

- Grid Points (Another one that I can't quite comprehend how this has not been fixed over the years. Maybe I'm listing some of the culprits to the old but still gold saying "In max if it looks accurate it's accurate" (because all the alternative, precision means, are not there. At least not accessible.))

- Midpoint

- Pivot (come on now, I can set a key for something that says "perpendicular", like, how many times MORE do I need to snap to the "perpendicular" than to let's say, a pivot of an object ;)??????)

- Vertex

So that's about every snap I ever use in my modeling and since I do that on regular basis as a fundamental tool in my modeling, I refuse to work in 3ds Max until this has been solved.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report