Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

texture map not applying correctly

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
4478 Views, 6 Replies

texture map not applying correctly

hi 

i have created a model of a character and want to apply 3 different textures to the model. i understand i have to use a multi/sub object for the material applying. however when i apply the uv map which has been edited to the model and the specific part of the model it doesn't apply the texture correctly. the texture doesn't sit to match the uv created when the model was unwrapped?

thanks

akshay

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Set Id over the selected faces will determined the material used in a multimaterial

image.png

Map channel in the bitmap properties will choose between different map channel (or map sets) that the object could have. There is a chance this could be the problem if you have changed it to anything different to 1. The UV channel of both bitmap and UVs need to match.

image.png

Another possibility is that you have created your UVs in a map channel that is not 1 as by default will use channel 1 and channel 2 will be ignored unless you have matched it with the bitmap properties.

image.png

If that is not the case double check the UVs with a temporal material that is not sub material.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Karl

i checked for everything you suggested and all the map channels are the same and match.  i have attached images of the results I'm getting. also i seem to be getting white seem lines when adding the painted textures?

many thanks 

akshay IMG_20180305_124208.jpgIMG_20180305_124150.jpgIMG_20180305_124200.jpgHair.jpg

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

UVs and painting doesn’t seem to match. I guess you have used a external painting program for that. What program? Have you painted over the low poly model or over a subdivided smooth version of it?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

i used photoshop. sorry what do you mean by 'low poly model or over a subdivided smooth version of it?'

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

You could check if the texture you did matches the UVs. Add a unwrap UVW modifier and open the UV editor window. Then in this menu pick a texture bitmap, the one you did. You can see there if they match.

image.png

If they do double check you have not introduced any offset, angle etc to the bitmap properties of the material

image.png

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Karl

all matches and i just tried adding texture maps again and all looks perfect. thank you very much for your help!

best regards 

Akshay

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report