Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selecting every second edgeloop from polytopology

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
K.W.J.P.
623 Views, 6 Replies

selecting every second edgeloop from polytopology

as Title explains: how is it possible?   I only get every 3rd via DotRing Tools... who needs that!?

thanks in advance! 

regards

PS: I think I wont get a solution here. It´s simply not possible in Max.. only every 3rd by pressing that DotRing button!? kidding?... what has the development here thought about? Look at Blender - look at Modo, look at Cinema4d ... Autodesk? but..psst... is sleeping...!!  😉

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: K.W.J.P.

Dot ring gives me every 2nd loop. 

Message 3 of 7
K.W.J.P.
in reply to: Anonymous

very intreresting.. tried it once again with a brand new Cyl. - no chance. one edge select, -> "dotring"-> and every third is selected: 1001001001001.. etc.. (no binary meaning of course... :D) is there a hidden feature to take control over this?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

@K.W.J.P. wrote:

very intreresting.. tried it once again with a brand new Cyl. - no chance. one edge select, -> "dotring"-> and every third is selected: 1001001001001.. etc.. (no binary meaning of course... :D) is there a hidden feature to take control over this?

Not that i'm aware of. Also can't remember a bug in a specific version of 3dsmax causing  this. Is this with the latest 2021.3?

Message 5 of 7
K.W.J.P.
in reply to: Anonymous

yes, sure it´s the latest. I also had in mind, that it worked one day to me in earlier versions... strange.

Message 6 of 7
CAMedeck

Is your Dot Loop setting at 1 or 2?  Sounds like it may have gotten set to 2, which would skip 2 edges instead of 1.

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
K.W.J.P.
in reply to: CAMedeck

for I don't know some reasons.. yes, thats is it and is working now.

Maybe it wasn´t working some any kind of reason not with my previous session of max. But it´s fixed... 😃

so thank you guys for helping

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report