Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proboolean Intersection Issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
matt_jukes77
231 Views, 1 Reply

Proboolean Intersection Issues

Hi,

Some of you may have seen a couple of my previous posts where I am trying to model a door from an old 1937 Chevrolet. The door is complete, but as you will see, one of my pro-boolean steps didn't go to plan.

Visually, this works well, I'm proud of how it came out. However, I am designing it for 3D printing, and a huge chunk of the door won't render in slicing software because of this issue.

I saw this post, here where the poster was advised to use Fusion or CAD to merge different objects, due to Max's inherent difficulty dealing with pro-boolean.

Is that the case, or is there an explanation as to why these vertices/edges didn't intersect?

2024-04-24 10_18_43-Taxi Door with Reference - 13 Final.max - Autodesk 3ds Max 2021.png2024-04-24 10_19_10-Taxi Door with Reference - 13 Final.max - Autodesk 3ds Max 2021.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Detach the back part. Make sure everything is watertight and welded. Boolean again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report