Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a Plane into a Tube

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2334 Views, 2 Replies

Making a Plane into a Tube

Hello,

I am rather new to modeling, and I came across a problem where I want to create a Plane (object type) and make it into a tube whilst keeping all of it's detail.

Could someone give me an explanation on how I could achieve such result (making the Plane into a tube) or how I could make a tube have a symmetrical design going all around.

Thank you very much

E.V

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BenBisares
in reply to: Anonymous

From what I see in your screenshot I would probably use the bend modifier to turn the plane into a tube shape. Take a look at the video I made

http://autode.sk/2azBimu

Basically I added a bend modifier onto a plane. After that I moved the gizmo of the bend to where the centre of the tube would be. Last I changed the angle value to 360 to make a closed shape. You may have to change the bend axis and direction to get the plane to bend in the direction that you want.

Also keep in mind that if you want a smoother shape you will need to divide your object into more polygons.

Ben Bisares
Message 3 of 3
mirjan3fkovic
in reply to: BenBisares

Thank you, sir! This is very useful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report