Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Named Selection Sets changing to random selections

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
290 Views, 1 Reply

Named Selection Sets changing to random selections

Hi all, quite new to 3DS Max and enjoying it so far but this is really frustrating me. I'm creating selection sets, but when I try to recall them they just come back as randomly selected polygons. This happened earlier today and I lost about 2 hours work. I started again and checked as I made them to see they were recalling correctly and all was fine. Saved it, closed it, came back and it's doing it again. Another 2 hours work gone.

As an example, here's the selection set I created as "windscreen". When I called it back during the same session it was fine

Capture.PNG

Then I've gone away and come back, and when I've tried to recall it again it's come back like this:

Capture2.PNG

Same goes for the dozen or so other selection sets, all random, no pattern, all over the place. Am I saving them wrong? Is this some sort of error? It's absolutely infuriating!

Using 2017, Windows 10 (latest update).

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RGhost77
in reply to: Anonymous

After make selection set are you add new polygons to object? Selection Sets stores index number of polygons. When you add a new polygon order of polygons can be changed but not in Selection Set.

So Selection Sets works good only in you don't add new polygons/vertexes/edges.

Royal Ghost | veda3d.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report