Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help relinking images

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
PAarchitects
528 Views, 7 Replies

Help relinking images

I am trying to learn 3ds max

I have this sample, but when rendering with vray it is rendering the shape as bright yellow light.

but it needs to show like as fireplace as the following image

fireplacefireplace

if someone could explain to me how to get to this image I would appreciate it.

if can point me to a tutorial , or better make a simple tutorial to explain it to me

thanks

attached 3ds max 2025 and images

AE34_002_fire2_color.jpgAE34_002_fire1_opacity.jpgAE34_002_fire1_color.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
RobH2
in reply to: PAarchitects

I can probably help you with this but I need the maps to do so. You uploaded the Max file but none of the requrired image map files. 

Missing:

AE34_002_fire1_color.jpg

AE34_002_fire1_opacity.jpg

AE34_002_fire2_normal.jpg

AE34_002_fire2_color.jpg

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 8
PAarchitects
in reply to: RobH2

thanks

attached fire 2 images

Message 4 of 8
PAarchitects

thanks

attached fire 1 images

Message 5 of 8
PAarchitects

also I would like to learn and understand how to make that fire image transparent for rendering

thanks

Message 6 of 8
RobH2

Let me play with it and I'll get back to you. Thanks for uploading the maps. 

What version of Max?

Rob Holmes

EESignature

3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
Message 7 of 8
RobH2

See if this helps. My video got a little long so I had to compress it a bit more than usual to keep it under the forums small file size limit. I hope it's not too blurry for you to see what I'm doing. 

FYI, the reason the VRay Exposure Control wasn't working was because I was in a Perspective Viewport instead of in a Camera Viewport. If in a Camera Viewport, those settings will help control the camera's exposure. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
PAarchitects

thanks. !!

Perfect !!

I'll be back if I have some other question. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report