Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch rendering and ability to hide and show layers per job

Batch rendering and ability to hide and show layers per job

Within the batch rendering window the ability to:

Select all

Select none

But also to be able to assign a layer per job, so that when the batch starts for the selected jobs it only shows/renders the layer assigned to it.

I have a scene with 45 layers and a camera in each layer and i need to render all of these out, but without the ability to render only a certain layer i have to do this manually which means i can't run the whole batch at once. I have to run the batch for a layer, hide that layer and then show the next one and run the batch. 

I know there are other ways of doing this such as moving the objects into view when needed using keyframes etc, but my scene is huge and i depend on the layer system to organise everything so it would be nice to have that built into the batch render system so i can render all my layers out without having to manually assist the process.

2 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, have you  managed to find a way to get 3dsMax to batch render layers in turn? 

kevinmGFYPQ
Enthusiast

Could someone please respond to this?  It would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to figure out how to render out several hundred views where I want to control the 6 material variations on one object by having a layer turn on/ off per scene.  Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report