Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vray sun render is too bright

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
32820 Views, 7 Replies

vray sun render is too bright

I  install my 3ds max 2017 and vray, and from the start have problem when I put my vray sunlight into the scene.

MY RENDER IS TOO BRGHT!!!

I try with many vray settings and nothing helped me. But, when I render my older projects, it render it perfectly.

Please give me some solutions.

Thanks

001.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
photodave
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you using a camera view when you render? If you render in say perspective view then yes it will blow out the scene a lot, but if you use a camera then you can control your exposure settings and bring the scene down to where you want for over all exposure.

What version of 3dsmax and V-Ray are you using?

*EDIT*

If you are using a physical camera then try in the camera properties in the modifier panel click the buttons that says "Install Exposure Control", set manual ISO to 100 and up above that in Shutter settings I set mine type to "1/Seconds" and a start duration of 500 and go up or down from there depending on how bright or dark I want the scene.

Message 3 of 8
adamk

Since there no more physical cameras in 2017 you have to use Exposure.  I'd suggest using the Vray frame buffer and you can adjust it there. Also you'll get better answers on Vray stuff in the Chaos Group forums.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: photodave

Thanks a lot. 

The problem was in Exposure control. I solved my problem with your advice. 🙂

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: adamk

Thanks a lot. 

The problem was in Exposure control. 🙂

Message 6 of 8
photodave

@Anonymous wrote:

Since there no more physical cameras in 2017 you have to use Exposure.  I'd suggest using the Vray frame buffer and you can adjust it there. Also you'll get better answers on Vray stuff in the Chaos Group forums.

While there is no "V-Ray Physical Camera" any longer, there is a "Physical Camera" in 2017 that has exposure control.

Message 7 of 8
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @adamk, @Anonymous, @photodave,

I was going to mark some posts in there that obviously helped solve this for @Anonymous.  I also wanted to add that you can get Vray cameras of old back with the command vrayCreateVRayPhysicalCamera().   

Best Regards,

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

What settings did you use specifically? Like did you use Vray Exposure Control and changed the ISO or what? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report