Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scene states manager missing.

32 REPLIES 32
SOLVED
Message 1 of 33
gwil2
5464 Views, 32 Replies

Scene states manager missing.

I have this problem and none of the solutions work. I installed sp3 and Tools-Manage Scene States worked until the next software restart. Now it doesn't work.

32 REPLIES 32
Message 21 of 33
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks so much @Anonymous and @gwil2!  I think you found it!  I have seen a couple other strange issues with the 3D connexion mice in the past, and I honestly didn't even think to ask about it.  I am so grateful that you tried that!  Very interested in the results @gwil2

I'm really excited that it's now working for you!  I'll post this updated information in the bug tracker right away!

Best Regards,

Message 22 of 33
gwil2
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

Thanks Alfred and renderlens, I had the same result.

Uninstalled 3dconnexion driver and the scene manager works; reinstalled their latest driver and it stopped working.

3DxStudio.ms script auto-runs on session start up from C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\3DxStudio.bundle\Contents\scripts. Deleting or moving it means it doesn't run on start up, the scene state manager works(!) and the 3Dconnexion mouse doesn't work.

I tried moving it to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2017\scripts\Startup but same thing happens.

The workaround for me was to move the script to the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2017\scripts folder so it DOESN'T auto run, but is easy to run manually from the default script folder after session start up.

The 3d mouse and the scene state manager both now work for me! Simultaneously!! I'll probably see about making a custom button so it's just one click, until such time as the bug is fixed by whoever it belongs to.

Thanks for all your help Alfred!

Message 23 of 33
gwil2
in reply to: gwil2

Sent tech support at 3dconexxion a msg and included the link to this discussion.

Thanks again,

Gord

Message 24 of 33
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Thank you @gwil2 and @Anonymous, you guys are the real MVP's!  I'll be honest I wouldn't have thought hardware would be the cause of this, I will consider it more in the future.  Thank you both very much for taking the time to update this thread and benefit future users as well as give me some tips.  Heart

Best Regards,

Message 25 of 33
Anonymous

Dear Everyone!

Is there any news about this? Is there going to be a fix for the issue regarding the 3dConnexion devices?

Thanks in advance,

Gabor

Message 26 of 33
gwil2

Hi Gabor,

Here's the msg I got from 3dconnexion mid-Dec:

Thank you for clarifying which dialog was the problem.  I am able to reproduce the issue here, and have logged it as bug 7324.  As I hear any updates I will let you know.

I imagine a fix would show up in a future update. If i get a notification I'll post it here.

Gord

Message 27 of 33
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

3D Connexion is a good company and I'm sure they'll get a fix in.  The fix itself though will have to come from them.  Did @gwil2's workaround by placing the script in another folder work for you?  

Thanks @gwil2 for the updated information.  

Best Regards,

Message 28 of 33
Anonymous

OK, thank you both for the answers!

Alfred: yes, I can get it to work, if I start the script manually from the folder!

Gabor

Message 29 of 33
Alfred.DeFlaminis

All right!  Thanks for the confirmation @Anonymous!  I'm sure they'll issue a fix soon enough at 3D Connexion.  Thanks again for the update!

Best Regards,

Message 30 of 33
Loofer

There seems to be another workaround for this one, I'm getting it on Max 2013.

What to do is uninstall the 3D mouse driver, open Max and open Manage Scene States then save a scene, anything, just tick layer properties for example and save it, then save the empty Max file somewhere as a template. Next close Max, reinstall 3D mouse drivers and load up Max again, if you start a new file the Manage Scene States dialogue will still be missing but if you open your saved template file with a saved scene state, it should open just fine.

All you have to do then is, at the start of a new job, open this file and resave it in your job folder instead of opening a new file.

Message 31 of 33
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: Loofer

Thanks for posting that @Loofer.  I'm going to add that info to any relevant notes internally about this issue.  I appreciate your community minded nature, thanks again.  

Best Regards,

Message 32 of 33
Loofer

No problem

Message 33 of 33
RZ912912

In my 3DS max 2015 Scene states manager does not work with Corona Renderer. The Scene states manager window does not appear. Without installing Corona Renderer Scene states manager opens. Has anyone come across a similar issue and can help solve it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report