Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendered Frame Window always clears previous image (Render Region)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
f.vitrani
1013 Views, 6 Replies

Rendered Frame Window always clears previous image (Render Region)

Hello, I've just upgraded to Max 2024 (Indie) and I've noticed that the Rendered Frame Window is always cleared, even if Render Region is active. The whole window closes, then reopens with a black frame and proceeds to render only the selected region.

Where can I find the setting for not clearing the window between region renders?

Labels (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
darawork
in reply to: f.vitrani

Hi,

Which render engine are you using?

With Corona 7, it's located here:

darawork_0-1681832915074.png

Regards,

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 3 of 7
f.vitrani
in reply to: darawork

Hi @darawork,

I'm typically using Arnold (5.6.1.0) and I also thought it depended on some renderer settings, but it's doing the same even with Scanline Renderer...

Message 4 of 7
RGhost77

For Arnold better to use Arnold's Render View instead of MAX's VFB

Royal Ghost | veda3d.com
Message 5 of 7
ellen.edvall

I have the same problem... did you perhaps find a way to solve it that you could share? 

(Preferebly without using Arnold's Render View :))

Message 6 of 7
f.vitrani
in reply to: ellen.edvall

Not yet... In the meantime I have reinstalled the OS and haven't used Max yet (but I'm not expecting any difference, TBH).

Besides the workaround/recommendation about using Arnold's Render View, I wonder whether other users are getting the same issue or not.

Message 7 of 7
ellen.edvall

Ok, thanks for answering!

Got this answer from the autodesk support, so far just basic advice really...and it didn´t work for me at least 🙂 

I´ll ask them again, but I expect that the answer is to use this really annoying Arnold RenderView in the end. ( I don´t get it! - it´s just an extra renedering window really, since I still need to use the old one parallell for the Render Region function!? Besides - it doesn´t render seamless- the new region leaves pixeled edges) 

Hello Ellen,
I'm Shamseer an independent member of the Autodesk expert network, a group of experienced and trusted users who assist the Autodesk support team and I'm happy to help you today.

I am sorry you're experiencing this! And I am hoping to help you today with this support ticket.

Kindly perform the following solution below and test the 3dsmax software after each.

1, Go to your Autodesk Account (manage.autodesk.com) and make sure you've downloaded and installed the latest update for 3ds Max 2024. ( 3dsmax 2024.1 update is available now also Arnold for 3ds Max 5.6.2.0 is included with this update)

About 3dsmax 2024.1 update: https://help.autodesk.com/view/3DSMAX/2024/ENU/...

2, Please check updates for the graphics card drivers.

3, If still no luck then please perform a user reset for the 3dsmax according to the following AKN support article below.
https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/arti...

Please keep me posted so that I can provide further feedback or escalate this case for further resolution. Please feel free to reach out with further questions and concerns as they arise

Sincerely
Shamseer
Autodesk Expert
Autodesk 3DsMax, Autocad 2D level 1&3

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report