Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panorama Exporter stitching renders wrong

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
957 Views, 3 Replies

Panorama Exporter stitching renders wrong

Hello, 

My objective was to produce a mini gallery and export it as a spherical panorama. Everything worked as intended until I noticed a few issues post-render. Using a "Free" camera, the stitching is done correctly, but the panorama is not aligned horizontally (see second figure). I've noticed rotating the camera reduces this issue in certain views, but greatly affects a different view (i.e. Forward view is aligned, but the left and right view are greatly misaligned). 

I switched to a Physical Camera to check if there was any differences and turns out, there are. The physical camera renders every view aligned in a horizontal line, but for some reason it does not stich seamlessly (see first figure). I've seen it work for other people, but it's not working for me. 

Is there a way to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

using:

Autodesk 3DS Max 2021

MAXtoA version: 4.3.1.20

hmm.png002.jpg

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Diffus3d
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous ,

I'm not an avid Arnold user but the age of stitching panos together is thankfully behind us in 3D.  Nowadays most if not all advanced renderers come with something called a spherical camera which takes care of all this for you.  Here's the blurb for Arnold.  

Otherwise, the problem with your camera is possibly related to aperture width (F10->Common->Output Size->Custom->Set Aperture Width), FOV, or the relationship between them.  I'd try the spherical camera first.  

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thank you for the response, I was not aware of the spherical camera, it produced the results I desired 🙂 I did also revise the settings of the camera I was previously using and it was indeed an Aperture Width issue. 

Message 4 of 4
Diffus3d

Nice.  Glad it's all working out for you.  Thanks for the update!

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report