Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Asset Browser in 3DS Max 2019

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
6659 Views, 3 Replies

Looking for Asset Browser in 3DS Max 2019

Hey everyone. I just got 3Ds Max 2019 and I'm trying to import a texture. All of the online resources say to upload it via your Asset Browser, but I have no idea where that is. I provided a screenshot of my 3Ds Max layout.

3ds max 19.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Daf
Advisor
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Asset Browser is now the Asset Library (as of 2017 I believe)  but a lot of the documentation still refers to the asset browser - you can find it in the top menu under "Content"....

Daf

3DS Max 2020.3
i7-4790 @4GHz • 32GB • GTX 1080/8GB • Windows 7 Pro
Message 3 of 4
hagen.deloss

Hello @Anonymous

Thanks for bringing your question to the forums, it looks like you are visiting as a new member to the 3DS Max forum, I want to extend a warm welcome to the Autodesk Community!

In regards to your question, what kind of texture are you trying to import? I would suggest opening up your Slate material editor, creating a new material, and then applying a bitmap texture to it. Here is a gif showcasing how to apply a material.

applying a material.gif

As for the asset browser, that was replaced as a feature by a standalone app called the Asset Library in 2018, which isn't required to apply a texture to an asset, it's just an easy way to compile and keep track of large amounts of assets for a project. 

I think the tool that could help is the asset tracker, which can be found in Max 2019 under file>reference>asset tracker toggle, it looks like this.

Screenshot (133).png

I hope this information helps!

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 4 of 4
hagen.deloss

Hi @Anonymous

I wanted to check back and see if my post helped you with your problem. It would be super helpful if you could add a post with how you decide to proceed, and your results. That way other Community members can benefit from your process

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report