Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard Inputs freeze 3DS MAX

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
7528 Views, 18 Replies

Keyboard Inputs freeze 3DS MAX

Please help! I am using max2020 (Also tried with other versions). If only using mouse as input, it will be fine for a while at least until I am trying to using keyboard short cuts, for instance, shift-Q as render, and sometimes, alt-w/ alt-mmb will freeze the apps. For example, after launching 3dsmax, and pressing shift-q, the app will freeze right away, there will be no more response no matter what. Sometimes it could be mitigated by killing the chromium host exe.

I have tried below......formatting the computer, installing the latest drivers/ bios/ windows. No plugin installed. Run as admin. Disabled the autodesk desktop app services.msc..

Spec:

window 10

i7

rtx2080ti

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
DanielCantin
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I suspect it is an issue with the latest Windows update (Ver 2004, Build 19041) that is affecting none English input method language. The workaround is to check "ON" use old version Microsoft Pinyin input method in windows setting. 

Input_method_compatibility.png

Thanks for reaching out with your issue and please let us know if that solve your issue or not

-Daniel

Daniel Cantin
QA, 3ds Max
Entertainment Creation Products, DCP
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: DanielCantin

omg!!!! you are my god, holy X! I LOVE YOU, seems fine! It worked! thank you one thousand!

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous

I can confirm the same on a Japanese OS. Been bugging me for a couple of weeks now. Thanks for this solution.

Message 5 of 19
EricLiu4Ever

2 days earlier, I installed a third party input method and removed the MS Pinyin keyboard, and the problem is gone.

Max (2016, 2019, 2020, and 2021) usually gets freeze when rendering complete and saving the result on my windows 10 with the most recent windows updates. Now the problem is gone.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous

After searching the solution for weeks, I finally got solved. Thanks very much!

Message 7 of 19
mark_aldred

@Anonymous 

Which setting did you change on the Japanese OS?

Message 8 of 19
mark_aldred

Never mind, I found it .. set to old version of IME deep into the language settings.

Wish I'd found this thread earlier. Would have saved me about ten hours.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: mark_aldred

good for u!

Message 10 of 19
in_human

Getting same problem with RUssian/UkrAinian?
Any solutions?

Message 11 of 19
mark_aldred
in reply to: in_human

Have you been into your language settings? Is there something that allows you to set input to "old method" or something like that?

Message 12 of 19
in_human
in reply to: mark_aldred

No, there's no "old IME" setting for russian and ukrainian languages.
Freeze doesn't happen when I use standard win+space hotkey, it only happens if I try to set particular layout with custom hotkey.
I tried setting custom hotkeys through standard windows setting or writing script for autohotkey, result is the same - 3ds MAX freezes when I try to set non-English layout, even if I'm using another program at the moment.
Very frustrating.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous

Apologies - I haven't been clear on the problem and the solution - I work within a Japanese OS environment and use English as well as an input language and also as the UI display language. The problem for this particular machine and 3DSMAX, is that every time I rename an object or hit a shortcut key - max freezes while typing out. I followed the solution for Ichdennis as suggested by Daniel and the problem went away.  Go to settings - search for Microsoft IME>General> And turn that compatibility with OLD IME "ON". I am not sure if this is the same solution for those using Windows in a different OS other than Japanese.

Message 14 of 19
Ijustcant
in reply to: in_human

I believe this might be the solution: http://forum.navi.gg/dota2_nastroyki_tehpomosch_i_utility/zavisaet_pri_smene_yazyka/ but I don't know how to perform this on Windows 10

Also, this might something to do with this: https://lopit.ru/word-visnet-switcher/

But I can't perform it either...

Message 15 of 19
JeromeBoulbes

I want to confirm that this solved the issue for me, on max 2021, Japanese keyboard, english OS.

The setting was renamed to "use previous version of Microsoft IME" but is  still in the Setting/japanese IME settings/general

Strangely, this issue occured to me only after I had rendered with Arnold or used the Arnold Active Shading.

Thanks everyone

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous

can you give me the link? thanks you so much...

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous

Works great for me! Saved my day, thank you Daniel!
Message 18 of 19
laicarmenn97

hi may I knw where do u find this window ?

Message 19 of 19
pinky0371

i use F10 to render is ok .

but while use "Shift" + "Q"Render finish will freeze .

when turn OLD IME "ON" . work well now . many thanks 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report