Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To remove White boxes around Object

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
26377 Views, 10 Replies

How To remove White boxes around Object

I created a 3d Character model in Make Human and imported in 3dsmax for animating but i can barely see my character with these boxesScreenshot (50).png

so how do i remove these boxes ??

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

There are two types of such brackets in 3ds max

The first type is Selection brackets. Until max 2017 their controls were in viewport [+]  -> configure viewports -> visual style -> selection brackets checkbox

The second are an animation brackets which indicates existing keyframe in current frame. Find their controls in menu -> customize -> preferences -> animation -> key bracket display. You can try setting it to 'None'.

Message 3 of 11
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous and welcome to the community,

@Anonymous has a great post with good information.  You can also press "J" to turn off those bounding boxes.  

Best Regards,

Message 4 of 11
Jixal
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

In 3DS Max 2020, this hotkey has been changed to Ctrl + J.

Why? For years it was just J. I had to google what the name of it was, then hunt it down in the keyboard list because the same hotkey that was used for years suddenly changed to a different one.  Total waste of time....

Message 5 of 11
senorpablo
in reply to: Jixal

@Jixal wrote:

In 3DS Max 2020, this hotkey has been changed to Ctrl + J.

Why? For years it was just J. I had to google what the name of it was, then hunt it down in the keyboard list because the same hotkey that was used for years suddenly changed to a different one.  Total waste of time....

Amen. There are many similar examples of needles changes to UI and or shortcuts.

Message 6 of 11
widdwsn2

odd, it was Shift+J for me(?) 

Max 2020

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Shift+J in max 2021

Message 8 of 11
broodwar1126

it is shift+J for 3dsmax2021

Message 9 of 11
artisansofpathos

I have had a similar issue with importing FBX models from Blender to Max then seeing this god awful amount of boxes drawn on every dummy/bone on my models. By following what Pavel stated:

The second are an animation brackets which indicates existing keyframe in current frame. Find their controls in menu -> customize -> preferences -> animation -> key bracket display. You can try setting it to 'None'.

I was able to hide the stupid things and get to work. Spasiba, Pavel! 

Message 10 of 11

Halow sir. How to fix when i import model only 1 animation is showing instead of 3

Message 11 of 11
hamoodpg

in 3ds max 2023 it's shift + J now I still don't know why but good luck everyone ^^

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report