Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display issues w7000

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
878 Views, 9 Replies

Display issues w7000

I am having issues with a new 3ds max 2017 install and my FirePro W7000 display card. Viewport geometry is not appearing correctly. Objects that are closer to the camera appear behind other objects and look inside-out. It's not a back culling issue as I've tried that. If I select the object, it will move back in front in the display.

In the attached capture, the rear leg of the chair on the right should be sitting behind the chair back as the one on the right is. however, it appears to be under the seat. You also note that the structure under the seat appears to be above the seat.

Any suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

just curious...what does it look like in Perspective view ?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Yes, in all views... I've attached a screen capture of how it behaves if the view is rotated... notice that the legs move in and out.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Hi, is it possible to pack and attach this scene please?

Never saw this kind of problem before, i suspect that this file may work on my test computers. We just need to confirm if this is a file problem or a problem with your configuration.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Hmmm... in packing it up I think I discovered the problem. I am using VRScan materials for the wood and when I apply a standard material the problem goes away. I think I need to post this issue with Chaos Group.

Thanks for your response!

Message 6 of 10
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous and welcome to the community,

I know that the VRScans are sort of uneditable materials, or they were last time I read up on them.  While this issue may exist in those scan mats, I have seen something like this before with a zsorting issue on the low quality viewport.  

On a hunch, what happens if you turn on advanced rendering as shown below?  Thanks for trying that!

perview.png

perview advanced.png

Best Regards,

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

Thanks Alfred, that did work and clear-up the issue! I sent the original issue to Chaos Group and they were able to reproduce the problem and have noted it as a bug to be fixed. I will pass this solution along to them.

Thank you for your response!

Message 8 of 10
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Thank you very much for the update @Anonymous!  I have also marked your post since it contains a solution as well.  Thanks so much for taking the time to update me.

Best Regards,

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

I discovered that the problem also exists with standard Vray materials. Note the cloth seat material in the attached image. This issue was not fixed by changing per view settings to advanced. I have completely removed all traces of the display driver and installed the latest one with out any change in performance.

Message 10 of 10
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

I could create a private folder for you if you'd like so I can look at the chair model on this end to see if I can also repro this.  Would you be able to share the model file with me? 

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report