Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

deselect takes 10 minutes

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
698 Views, 7 Replies

deselect takes 10 minutes

Hello everyone, Please someone help

i work in 3ds max 2016, and when i deselect something, or press on empty space, it takes 10 minutes to deselect objects, it is impossible to work ๐Ÿ˜ž

i think this started to happen after i merged some 3d files into the scene, or after using cc cleaner. I don't really understand what happened

I still can render, it seems that other functions work the way they should,   but not deselect

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

it also takes a long time to delete something, even a simple box

Message 3 of 8
CiroCardoso3v

Try to merge that 3ds Max file into a new scene. See if that helps

Lead Enviroment Artist @Axis Studios

Arnold Discord Server

Ciro Cardoso

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
darawork

Hi,

I sometimes get these lags too. Even in 2020. As mentioned above, merge to a new blank scene all the important bits. Before you do that "Save Selected..." in your scene to a new file. Not overwriting the original. Select all the important stuff in the scene with a manual crossing window, don't just press [CTRL] + [A] and save that as a new scene. Draw a manual crossing window, select the stuff you want and export that separately to a new file. Then shut down MAX and afterwards try merging that exported file. If you still get lag you may need to run a 3rd party cleaner on your exported file. Here's one I always use. 

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/cleaner

Max can sometimes get clogged with loads of hidden data. If we had a 'Purge' command then it would't get so bad, but we as yet don't. Typing "GC" in to the Maxscript window supposedly collects all the garbage and purges it, although it's never worked for me.

This is something that genuinely needs to be looked at.
Please cast your vote here: 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-ideas/3d-max-heavy-files-purge/idi-p/7049422

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: CiroCardoso3v

I also thought that the scene might me the problem, but it is the same in every project, i tried more of them

Message 6 of 8
Diffus3d

If it's happening with all scenes then it's a system problem of some kind.  Something is lagging or interfering with your input device commands.  One can only guess.  You might check the event viewer to see if you can find some errors there.  There should be some kind of hints as to the problem.  

Alternatively, maybe it's time to dust the machine or check that your hard drive isn't full.  Little things like that which might cause windows itself to slow down.  

Best Regards,

Alfred (AJ) DeFlaminis

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

View Max Tips/Tricks Megathread
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Diffus3d

Thank you, i tried the event viewer, and i have this error
~~The Autodesk Content Service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 28567 times. The following corrective action will be take in 10000 milliseconds : Restart the service.~~

This error occupies all the error list, i can't even see what happened the other day when it started to bug

Can this error be fixed? or i  just have to reinstall the program?

Message 8 of 8
Diffus3d

I am not familiar with this error, but it seems like there is a firewall or something in windows that is blocking this service from connecting.   Check the firewall or realtime monitors on your machine to see if they are blocking it.   Or, maybe you can disable the service to see if that helps?  Last but not least, perhaps you are missing some windows updates?  

Best Regards,

Alfred (AJ) DeFlaminis

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

View Max Tips/Tricks Megathread

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report