Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corona Scatter Distributing Horizontally

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
goulnazarianh
518 Views, 2 Replies

Corona Scatter Distributing Horizontally

Hello,
I am attempting to scatter multiple grass objects on a flat surface, but while distributing them, only the first object remains vertical while the rest are distributed horizontally. Does anyone have an idea about what might be causing this issue?Only 1st Object is Vertical, the rest are Horizontal.Only 1st Object is Vertical, the rest are Horizontal.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CAMedeck
in reply to: goulnazarianh

You need to fix the pivot points of the scatter objects.  Some have the Z pointed up, and others have the Y pointed up.  Under the Hierarchy tab of the Command Panel, you can adjust the pivot easily by clicking the Affect Pivot Only button (with your grass clumps selected) and then click the Align to World button.

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
goulnazarianh
in reply to: CAMedeck

I've already done that, but the grass started to appear upside down.
So I tried rotating the plane 180 degrees, but after the rotation the grass remained horizontal.
Eventually, I found the solution by clicking on "Reset X Form" to fix the issue.
Anyway, thank you for your time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report