Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Won't Change

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
705 Views, 4 Replies

Background Won't Change

So I was trying to use GoZ to get a model over to Max (2019) from Zbrush 2018 and the background color changed from the slight grey gradient to pure black. No matter what I do it won't change the color. I've gone to Customize>Customize User Interface>Colors and messed around with those settings to no avail. I've gone to Customize>Load Custom UI Scheme> Tried Dark/Light/Default, again didn't make any noticeable changes. I've even gone to Customize>Custom UI and Defaults Switcher and tweaked some options in there, but my background is still pure black. Any help getting the background back to the default grey would help greatly.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DanielCantin
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous, 

Next, I would suggest you to test resetting your user preferences by renaming this folder: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\20XX - 64bit\ENU *,  you can find more complete instruction and details here: Resetting 3ds Max to default user profile settings

It is possible one or more user related files contained in the folder have become corrupted or are missing. If the reset solved the issue and you want to keep substantial effort you have put in customizing and adding scripts to 3ds Max, the folder can be renamed back to it's original name and files and sub-folders can be renamed to try to pinpoint and fix the problem while also preserving as much as possible of your customization's.

Thanks for reaching out with your issue, please let us know if that solve or not the issue and accept as solution if it does.

Daniel Cantin
QA, 3ds Max
Entertainment Creation Products, DCP
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Yeah, that worked thank you very much!

@Anonymous wrote:

So I was trying to use GoZ to get a model over to Max (2019) from Zbrush 2018 and the background color changed from the slight grey gradient to pure black. No matter what I do it won't change the color. I've gone to Customize>Customize User Interface>Colors and messed around with those settings to no avail. I've gone to Customize>Load Custom UI Scheme> Tried Dark/Light/Default, again didn't make any noticeable changes. I've even gone to Customize>Custom UI and Defaults Switcher and tweaked some options in there, but my background is still pure black. Any help getting the background back to the default grey would help greatly.

Message 4 of 5
ADAAAAAM

ah.me too

thats a  ZBrush side program bug?

plz tell me root cause. and fix.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: DanielCantin

Is it possible to change ribbon ui color ? ThanksScreenshot_2.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report