Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alembic export from point cache loose uvs

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1779 Views, 5 Replies

alembic export from point cache loose uvs

hello

when I export an alembic file fro a point cache 3dsmax object, and load the abc, there is no more uvs...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
santd
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the Area forums.

Does using the option to Import to the scene root make a difference? I am mainly a Maya user, but trying to help out with 3ds Max and I have had this option make a difference on the Maya end.

I hope that information is helpful.

Cheers,

David Santos

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: santd

Hi, thanks for answer.

In max i use alembic object creation, where I don't see any options.

So I tried to import alembic, and see an import option with scene root option checked.

But no success... 😞

When I was playing with alembic files from point cache, if I remember well, it seems that max keep uvs for the first frame (so the base object) but loose uvs for other frames (modified object).

Message 4 of 6
santd

Hello,

I looked in our internal database and we currently have an opened change reqeuest which our development team is looking into a resolution for.

As a workaround you may be able to use Maya. If you don't have a license you could download a trial.

Cheers,

David Santos

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I found that exporting as Alembic using the HDF5 format instead Ogawa seems to preserve UVs in Max 2016.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I also found that exporting to Alembic from 0 to 100 will cause your animation's xform to be wrong at frame zero. Export -1 to 100 and uncheck 'fit time range'.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report