Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max project showcase!

72 REPLIES 72
Message 1 of 73
hagen.deloss
6759 Views, 72 Replies

3DS Max project showcase!

Hi 3DS Max Forums! 

I want to kick off a project showcase here on the 3DS Max forums! We have similar fun threads on other Autodesk forums like the Inventor Friday PicturesThis community is such a creative, inspiring space to be in, I wanted to see what y'all are up to in Max?!? Let's keep it simple the first time around, so here are some basic rules. 

• Limit to 5 images maximum per post 
  • Limit to 1 video per post 
  • Compliments over critiques 
  • Treat others with respect! Here is a complete list of forum rules 
  • You can post any creative project you are working on using 3DS Max in your pipeline, just make sure it doesn't conflict with the previously linked rules! 

I'm going to kick things off with a little project I did during my first month of training here at Autodesk. Super excited to see everyone's projects! 

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

72 REPLIES 72
Message 21 of 73
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I could just watch this all day, to be honest I've never seen liquid physics like from Bifrost. Im in love. I will definitely be trying something like this
Message 22 of 73
Anonymous
in reply to: hagen.deloss

@hagen.delossThanks for the kind words. It was a personal project for a short movie that i never finished. I had four characters modeled and fully rigged and all the enviroment. And then i gave up..Smiley Sad

Message 23 of 73
Anonymous

@Anonymous the one thing I am finding when I use a massfx sim with bifrost (and you will notice it with the buckets), the particles lose their density.  The buckets are basically full at the bottom when they fill, by the time they get to the top they have lost about half their particles..  not leaking.. they just vanish.  I have a conveyor belt that I cannot finish due to exactly the same issue.  The containers are full when the belt starts moving, by the time they get to the end and topple off, most of the particles are just gone.  You can see it with a viewport render also, it's like they evaporate?!!?  If I manually animate a box filled with water along a path or something it is fine.  It is a byproduct of massfx but stuffed if I know why.

@hagen.deloss cheers dude, it was a long effort.  Frustrated by what I mentioned above but I cannot figure it out so it went as as it.  Would love for you to ask one of the Max guru about the issue I am seeing.

Message 24 of 73
Anonymous

A test render of some flowing water.  I made the blue pop more than normal to give it a tropical feel 🙂  My arnold surface is a little too noisy, can't quite get the settings correct to make a smoother looking water surface.

Message 25 of 73
Danmitch1

Hi guys, Just a little something im working on while I test out the Fstorm renderer.

Nice pics so far btw guys, good work!

New carpert geopat table blanket4 long rendREDUCED.jpg

Message 26 of 73
martin.coven

Looking great Steven! 

Martin Coven
Senior Designer

Message 27 of 73
hagen.deloss
in reply to: Danmitch1

Wow @Danmitch1 that looks awesome, and you got the cloth to interact the way you wanted! Yesss 😄

Hagen Deloss

Message 28 of 73
hagen.deloss

Hi everyone!

I wanted to post this work in progress on a little gloomy building I have been making! I'm still getting used to the viewport canvas, I'm using my mouse hahah.

gloomery_building01.jpg

Though I'm having some issues with my ink'n'paint texture, I will probably have to make an alpha mask or something. I hope everyone has a great weekend 😄

Hagen Deloss

Message 29 of 73
martin.coven

Here are a couple examples using the Color Elements operator within the Data Channel Modifier I did over the weekend. 

Martin Coven
Senior Designer

Message 30 of 73
Anonymous
in reply to: martin.coven

A little bit of green goo to add to your day 🙂

Massfx conveyor belt / boxes sim and then MaxLiquid as the second pass.

Message 31 of 73
Danmitch1

Love those water simulations, makes me want to give it a try ! Good work!

Here's a small update to my scene.

BULB IN LAMP2 on.jpgBULB IN LAMP3 on.jpgBULB IN LAMP4 on.jpg

Message 32 of 73
hagen.deloss

Wow wow! I love the low lighting in this scene, it gives it a very realistic, comforting feeling. Also the specular on the lamp is very nice.

Thanks for sharing these renders @Danmitch1

Hagen Deloss

Message 33 of 73
Danmitch1

Thanks for the compliments!

Im a huge fan of naturally lit indoor scenes, there is just something about them. Ive also been struggling to achieve realistic results with this type of lighting for years and Ive gotta say (not to advertise for them or anything) Fstrom really works great for this !

Message 34 of 73
Anonymous

Something a little different this time, but still rendered with Arnold.

BrokenWall_AS.jpg

Message 35 of 73
hasen3d

a.jpgcar24s.max - Autodesk 3ds Max  2015  8_14_2018 9_37_23 PM.pngcar24s.max - Autodesk 3ds Max  2015  8_14_2018 9_37_45 PM.png

WIP

Tags (2)
Message 36 of 73
Anonymous

I love the mat shaders you used on the ice cream and drizzle! SO GOOD! Thanks for sharing.Smiley LOL

Message 37 of 73
Anonymous
in reply to: hasen3d

@hasen3d  There are some very nice looking topology lines there, nice work.

Message 38 of 73
Anonymous

Had been turning myself inside out trying to get some PBR scans rendering nice displacement in Arnold, I am pretty happy with this result.. FINALLY!

sold.jpg

Message 39 of 73
hasen3d

@Anonymous wrote:

@hasen3d  There are some very nice looking topology lines there, nice work.

thanks a lot Smiley Very Happy

Message 40 of 73
Anonymous
in reply to: hasen3d

Forest Pack, Megascans, Arnold and wharf by me.

OldWharf.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report