Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max 2018 closes suddenly

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jefferson_nf
1155 Views, 8 Replies

3DS Max 2018 closes suddenly

I have a student version of 3dsmax 2018.
the problem is when the program is already open and opens a window and a lock the program and closes;
What happened this morning, on a quest, I notice a change in the name of the mass. The program has returned to normal operation, but
the problem that was started or scheduled and closed again, presenting the same error having no third party plugin urged

Your post subject line has been edited by @hagen.deloss: 3d max closes alone

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
hagen.deloss
in reply to: jefferson_nf

Hello @jefferson_nf

Thanks for bringing your question to the 3DS Max main forums! I looked through your other posts, and it sounds like you have been experiencing this issue for a few days now, according to this post at least

Would you be able to attach a screenshot of what the pop-up warning looks like when you try to access the software?

Do you have any plugins installed? I would recommend un-installing all the plugins you currently have, and re-installing your copy of 3DS Max using the Autodesk desktop app (to make sure its the most current version). Here is a full walkthrough of how to perform a clean uninstall of the software. 

I look forward to chatting with you more!

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 9
jefferson_nf
in reply to: hagen.deloss

I really keep up with this problem for 3 days without getting a response.
To make sure that I did not have any plugin that reconfirmed my max I formatted my windows
and reinstalled the version 3d max 2018 more updates without any plugin yet yes without success.

Message 4 of 9
hagen.deloss

Hi @jefferson_nf

I'm wondering if you could run a script in the listener, or if you can't get past booting up 3DS Max at all?

Here are instruction on checking to see if you have the ALC script issue, please let me know if the listener reports back as true!

Talk to you soon,

Hagen Deloss

Message 5 of 9
hagen.deloss

Hi @jefferson_nf

I wanted to check back and see if a post helped you with your problem. It would be super helpful if you could add a post with how you decide to proceed, and your results. That way other Community members can benefit from your process 😄

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Hagen Deloss

Message 6 of 9
jefferson_nf

sorry for the delay to respond I followed all the procedure with the maxscrip and the result The sequence should return the line: false. If the sequence returns: true, then the corrupted MAXScript is present on your system and needs to be removed. in my case the answer was False the program is without any pluguin and still keeps closing

I do not know what to do anymore because I already formatted my computer and only input max

@hagen.deloss wrote:

Hi @jefferson_nf

I wanted to check back and see if a post helped you with your problem. It would be super helpful if you could add a post with how you decide to proceed, and your results. That way other Community members can benefit from your process 😄

@hagen.deloss wrote:

Hi @jefferson_nf

Message 7 of 9
hagen.deloss

@jefferson_nf

Thanks for the update! I'm so sorry this is still happening, I should've asked earlier, what are your computer Hardware specifications? Graphics card, amount of RAM etc. You can check out the minimum hardware requirements for 3DS Max here.

Does the program close without warning, or is there a pop-up notice where you can send in a CER report? If so, please submit that report and then message me the CER number it provides you with, that way I can look up the crash in our internal database.

Thanks for being so patient and easy to work with 😄

Hagen Deloss

Message 8 of 9
jefferson_nf

my video card is a gtx 760 4gb,
16 gb memory.

The program closes without giving any error, when I change the emu folder to emu_old 
it returns to work but when I restart the program it returns the error
Message 9 of 9
hagen.deloss

@jefferson_nf

I would recommend checking your graphics driver for updates, and to make sure you are on the most recent version of 3DS Max 2018 as well (update 2018.4 can be downloaded via the product management tab in your profile on Autodesk.com).  Have you encountered this issue with other versions of the Software on your machine? 

Are you running Windows 10 on your machine? if so here is an article with a few more suggestions if the above suggestions don't resolve this issue. 

Hagen Deloss

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report