Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connector text way too big

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
m-de-lange
733 Views, 7 Replies

Connector text way too big

Hi,

When placing connectors in the family, their text is overlapping huge parts of my family which makes editing extremely annoying.

Apparently there's no way to hide a connector in the family editor, nor can you temporarily turn them off...

How do i make the connector text smaller so it's not annoyingly huge overlapping my family??

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
scbunker
in reply to: m-de-lange

Try Options>Graphics>Temporary Dimension Text Appearance

temp text.png

Message 3 of 8
RobDraw
in reply to: scbunker

Did you try it? It doesn't work here.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 4 of 8
scbunker
in reply to: RobDraw

I just realized he was working in the family editor. I thought he was talking about the info text associated with connectors as in the below. The temp dimension setting controls that text.

connector text.png

I don't think the connector dimension text size in the family can be controlled. You could temporary hide/isolate. I have "HH" shortcut set for temp hide element and "HR" shortcut for reset temporary hide/isolate to do such things quickly. In the family editor, I often work with something or another temporarily hidden because things are often on top of each other making it hard to see.

Message 5 of 8
iainsavage
in reply to: scbunker

Change the view scale?

Message 6 of 8
Charles.Ball
in reply to: m-de-lange

You can temporarily hide by category or by element. use the sunglasses at the bottom where you set your detail level.

Message 7 of 8
m-de-lange
in reply to: iainsavage

This only works for standard text labels, not for the blue text that comes with the connector, sadly.

Message 8 of 8
m-de-lange
in reply to: Charles.Ball

Bloody hell! i'm so used to right clicking > hide element in view that i didn't even know the sunglasses feature..

Thanks, this was what i was looking for!

Kind of strange that some elements can be hidden with the right click, whilst others are only hide able with the sunglasses....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report