Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Furniture plan overlayed on RCP, display issues

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ianmurph
703 Views, 7 Replies

Furniture plan overlayed on RCP, display issues

So I like to show the furniture on the RCP and the only way I have found to do this is to create a separate view that shows only the furniture and put it on the same sheet as the RCP in the exact same spot. Only problem now is the light fixtures, which I want to show up on top of everything and bold, are underneath the furniture layers and its causing display issues. All of the architectural stuff (including furniture) is the architects model and linked in. Arch link is set to underlay and halftone. Light fixtures are in my model. Any idea how to get the light fixtures on top of the background?

ianmurph_1-1590687313196.png

ianmurph_2-1590687458108.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
s.borello
in reply to: ianmurph

Why can't you adjust your view setting and range to display the furniture? 

Message 3 of 8
ToanDN

Can you turm on underlay for that view?
Message 4 of 8
RobDraw

The order that you place the views on the sheet determines the hierarchy. Place the furniture plan first.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 8
ianmurph
in reply to: RobDraw

@RobDraw I never knew that, thanks. Is there anyway to change the hierarchy after they are placed or do I have to remove and replace all my sheet views?

Message 6 of 8
ianmurph
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN I have played around with underlays a bit and have never for them to show up properly

Message 7 of 8
ianmurph
in reply to: s.borello

@s.borello i wish it were that simple but it never works out that way. The furniture is all a different heights and the building has all sorts of different levels and auditoriums etc.

Message 8 of 8
ianmurph
in reply to: RobDraw

@RobDraw Only problem with changing the order of the views on the sheet, is now I cant see my furniture at all. I can see it in rvt but when I PDF the sheet its not visible. Any idea why? I have my view model display set to 'Hidden Line' but I cant really change this.

ianmurph_0-1590755994947.png

ianmurph_1-1590756033261.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report