Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seperate project browser for sheets/views

Seperate project browser for sheets/views

Having the option to have a seperate project browser for just sheets would save scrolling up and down between views/sheets and trying to find the view again to place on the sheet. Or the ability to customise what views/sheets display in the custom project browser as required. For large projects with a million+ views and sheets the mouse wheel and index finger get a workout each day!

4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Being able to filter the project browser to achieve the above would be awesome.

sschell
Observer

A separate browser for families would be very useful as well.

boyce.postma
Enthusiast

Need this. Archicad has had this for years. Way better navigation. Revit is going to wear out my scroll wheel!

billn
Explorer

Agreed, I feel like I spend half of my day scrolling up and down looking for views and sheets.

For example, you are on a plan and cut a new section, those two views are relatively close to each other in my organized browser, but then I have to go find the section sheet to put the new section on. Then I have to scroll waayyyy up to find the section only to realize I cant find it. Switch tabs to the section so the name highlights in the browser, then switch back to the section sheet and then grab the section and place it. Then try to remember what I was in the middle of doing before I spent all that time simply placing a section on a sheet. This has become a time hog and isn't speeding my day up. Glad to see I am not the only one that finds this a PITA. A separate sheet browser would definitely speed up the process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report