Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANSI content in mm

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
LeanderTorres
835 Views, 5 Replies

ANSI content in mm

Hi,

I adapted the ANSI ASTM pipes to show dimensions in mm.

Everything works when placing components directly from the content center. (part 8 on screenshot)

When I use the frame generator, it works, but the filename contains a unique number instead of the length.(part 2-7 on screenshot)

The checkbox in the frame generator for 'getting part number from CC' is checked.

Does annybody know how to solve this?

Your help is appreciated.

We are working with inventor 2019.4

partlist.pngframe generator.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

How did you configure the part-number in the Content center Family?

Regards,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 3 of 6

This is the custom expression I used.

{Nominal_Diameter}&" "&{Schedule}&" - Ø"&{Diameter_mm}&"x"&{Thickness_mm}&" - "&{B_L}

Aantekening 2019-06-17 105133.jpg

Message 4 of 6

Here is a wetransfer link for the idcl file if helful.

https://we.tl/t-ZKttqLKPmC

Message 5 of 6

Hi,

Since the length is calculated with Frame Generator this will not work this way.

In your part-number you need to use the Expression Like: #######- <Lenght>

The property "length" must be mapped to the Custom Property "length" using the "B_L" parameter.

This is the custom expression you need to used. {Nominal_Diameter}&" "&{Schedule}&" - Ø"&{Diameter_mm}&"x"&{Thickness_mm}&" - "&<B_L>

See this also:

https://www.autodesk.com/autodesk-university/class/AutodeskR-InventorR-Content-Center-Library-Advanc...

Regards,

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 6 of 6

Hi,

Thank you Arthur.

This set me in the right direction. I had following dificulties.

={Nominal_Diameter}&" "&{Schedule}&" - Ø"&{Diameter_mm}&"x"&{Thickness_mm}&" - "&<B_L>

This didn't work, frame generator would return an empty value. (also the '=' at the beginning is essential for the <>-format to work)

Changing the B_L to G_L solved this problem.

={Nominal_Diameter}&" "&{Schedule}&" - Ø"&{Diameter_mm}&"x"&{Thickness_mm}&" - "&<G_L>

With G_L, the frame generator partnumbers are ok, memebers placed from CC had there length in inches.

The last problem was solved by adapting the family template. (this forum post helped me do this: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/how-to-change-g-l-parameter-from-in-to-mm/m-p/4386993#...)

Now everything works as it should be, length is updated with when changing base sketch and when doing end treatments.

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report