Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 0xc0000142 Error occured.

111 REPLIES 111
SOLVED
Message 1 of 112
mazel39
115707 Views, 111 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 0xc0000142 Error occured.

Hello.

I installed new autocad 2015 (subscription upgrade).

But I could not start program cause 0xc000142 error.

I tested acrobat unstall method and disable vaccine before autocad install, but it is not operate.

If someone have solution?

I use Windows 7 64bit. 

I have 2 licenses and other pc is no problem to start autocad 2015 but other ones have a start problem.

111 REPLIES 111
Message 2 of 112
pendean
in reply to: mazel39

What else us different about the two PCs? Did you restart your PC after removing the Acrobat software? Required.
Message 3 of 112
roberts123
in reply to: pendean

Yes, I have Acrobat 9 on the Win 7 laptop. I will try removing it and ACLT 2015 and reinstall. Can I reinstall Acrobat 9 after the ACLT is working? (If I get it working) BTW the Win 8.1 desktop does have Acrobat 9 installed and i have no issues with ACLT 2015 installing on it.

Message 4 of 112
mazel39

Problem occured pc and not is different only CPU and graphic card.

Also use Windows 7 Professional 64bit and 16GB ram. also same SSD using.

2 pcs use acrobat reader XI and language pack.

I don't understand why this problem was occured.

Message 5 of 112
roberts123

After some time I have discovered I only needed to uninstall the 64bit Adobe Acrobat 9 AddIn. Then ACLT 2015 will run. I did try uninstalling and reinstalling both products with no luck. It was only after I removed the 64 bit AddIn that all was OK. The only thing is I cannot use 3D Capture in Acrobat now.

Seems strange that all is well on the Windows 8.1 system with both products fully installed. Must be some difference.

Thanks for everyones help.

Message 6 of 112
david.lau
in reply to: roberts123
Message 7 of 112
TravisNave
in reply to: david.lau

Excellent job David.

So far, it seems that this is being caused by either Adobe Acrobat or nVidia drivers.  Hopefully we can keep these errors to a minimum.

Thanks for sharing!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 112
david.lau
in reply to: TravisNave

It appears so.  When you look at the AppInit dll, it references an Adobe Acrobat 9 Extended issue.

David Lau
Message 9 of 112
kim_pham

Hi All, 

So that mean only autocad has this problem and conflict with other softwares. Softwares like Adobe photoshop, Microsoft Office never had this problem. I think autodesk should solved this problem for the autocad users, we don't have a lot of time for this research...

Thanks

Message 10 of 112
kim_pham

I have the same problem like yours.
Message 11 of 112
david.lau
in reply to: kim_pham

AutoCAD now complies with stricter security needs found in Windows 8.1 Application Certification.   Other 3rd party older programs are using an older dll and is not signed and therefore will cause the error.  Based on our reports, Acrobat 9.x affects AutoCAD.  Acrobat is an older program and it is using an older 'unsigned' dll.

David Lau
Message 12 of 112
kim_pham
in reply to: david.lau

I don't have Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro. I had Adobe Acrobat X Pro and it still have the same problem.
Thanks
Message 13 of 112
TravisNave

@kim_pham wrote:

Hi All, 

So that mean only autocad has this problem and conflict with other softwares. Softwares like Adobe photoshop, Microsoft Office never had this problem. I think autodesk should solved this problem for the autocad users, we don't have a lot of time for this research...

Thanks

@kim_pham, David is right.  This is not an Autodesk problem as much as it is a 3rd party issue.  Furthermore, I have had infinitely more problems with Acrobat and Office than I've ever had with Autodesk products.  I have seen Adobe blow up Outlook in way that you cannot even imagine.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 14 of 112
mazel39

Hi.

I tested your solution but it was not solved.

I uninstalled all of Adobe product (Acrobat 9.5 capture extended and reader XI) but cad was not start (I'll tried several times but failed to start)

But Thank you for your reply.

Message 15 of 112
gbarnes

I am also experiencing same error issue (0xc0000142)can some one at AutoCAD please help-resolve-fix?

Message 16 of 112
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: gbarnes

Hi,

>> can some one at AutoCAD please help-resolve-fix?

What have you tried from the above suggestions? There is already help available, but you have not answered what you already tested and what your results were.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 17 of 112
mazel39

Finally. I succeed to install and start autocad 2015.

Format PC and reinstall windows 7 Pro x64 and install autocad 2015. lol

Finally, autocad 2015 is start normally.

I think autocad need some compatibility patch.

Message 18 of 112
gbarnes
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred I have tried all above suggestions to no avail and am now reinstalling AutoCAD Electrical 2014 because I don't have time for any more attempts
Message 19 of 112
david.lau
in reply to: gbarnes

Use Autoruns for Windows and check out the blog post below:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/03/autocad-2015-application-error-0xc0000142-autorun...

David Lau
Message 20 of 112
jrchh1

I've the same problem.

I uninstalled Acrobat 9 extended, AutoCAD 2015 is working now. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report