Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work arounds for borrowing a license using a docking station?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ssx_Autodesk
386 Views, 3 Replies

Work arounds for borrowing a license using a docking station?

i have a tablet (Motion CL-900) that has no physical NIC card, but rather it uses the NIC from the docking station.  when borrowing a license, the LMTOOLS server issues the license to the docking station rather than the tablet itself resulting in a failed borrow as soon as i remove the tablet from the station.

per a suggestion by TravisNave, i've been playing with the microsoft loopback adapter and trying to "fool" LMTOOLS into thinking the tablet itself has a NIC card (rather than the docking station) and thus enabling a successful borrow to the tablet.

so far i have not been successful.  has anyone else done this successfully?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: ssx_Autodesk

Cool hardware....

If you have a network license on Subscription, you may be able to use a home use standalone license.

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: ssx_Autodesk

For reference purposes, the original thread is here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Borrowed-License-not-working-in-ACAD-2011/td-p/...

Since there is no physical NIC, you might have luck cloning the WiFi card or even borrowing the license off the dock while connected via WiFi to the LAN.  Bypassing the dock altogether should work.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
ssx_Autodesk
in reply to: TravisNave

yeah, it looks like we'll be going the wifi route.

thanks for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report