Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distrubited Network License File

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
alb01
248 Views, 2 Replies

Distrubited Network License File

Hi, I am trying to clarify where we should save our license file received from our cad supplier. We currently have 8 licenses of Building Design Suite Premium and 1 copy of Building Design Suite Ultimate and 1 copy of Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate and the supplied file has all of the details added.

the file has been saved onto our server into the same folder ans the BDS Premium setup files. Is this the correct location or should it be saved some where else. Also we seem to be having trouble in not being able to access all of the available licenses. ie. only 4 people using a license and a 5th person not being able to get a license when there should be 6 spare.

Andy suggestions.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: alb01

Typically, your license file should be placed in a license folder within your Autodesk Network License Manager (or Flexnet) folder.  You need to configure your LMTOOLS to run as a service to properly serve and diagnose the licensing.  If your multiple product licenses were not created on the same date, then they will not properly combine or cascade.  Make sure that you have set up your license manager properly.

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
alb01
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for the info. will give this a try and hopefully it should work

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report