Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility state in dynamic blocks, anything better?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kzD1219
720 Views, 1 Reply

Visibility state in dynamic blocks, anything better?

Since I know how to make dynamic blocks with visibility I am a big supporter of those, but we have a lot of different types of symbols, labels and details and I don't want the entire plan to be dynamic blocks, they could be, I just want to make sure I am not missing something I am not aware of yet.

We have 8 different north arrows of various sizes and text on one side of the line or the other depending on which way the north arrow rotates.  I would set up one block and use the visibility parameter.  But I also have blocks with labels for my own personal use and use visibility to choose the label I want to use.  There are details that are similar, one shows concrete, another shows asphalt, and another shows gravel.  Again I have a tendency to set one block up and use visibility.

I feel like I am overusing visibility and want to know if there is anything better that I am not aware of or don't know how to use.  For the typical details, there are about 20 of them minimum.  I need to make the use as simple as possible, but I don't want to have visibility parameters for everything...do I?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cadffm
in reply to: kzD1219

Use parameter actions whenever possible, if not, use visibility states if needed.
Size Rotation Flip - no visibility is needed.

Sebastian

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta