Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set support file search path with PackageContents.xml

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
637 Views, 0 Replies

Unable to set support file search path with PackageContents.xml

We have an application with drawings to help customers to draw our products.

It contains one cuix-file and a folder with DWG drawings so it's rather simple.

In the past we installed the "application" with InnoSetup and AcadInst.exe from Cadwerx. 

I think this stopped working from AutoCAD ver 2010 so since then the users had to take some extra manual steps like CUILOAD and set up support file search path thought "options".

In the past week I tried to learn how to use a bundle folder together with PackageContents.xml to do the setup.
It works for AutoCAD but for AutoCAD LT I'm unable to set the support search path.

Here is the code of PackageContents.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
Name="CAD4Test"
Description="CAD4 Test">
<CompanyDetails Name="HBS" />
<RuntimeRequirements OS="Win32|Win64" Platform="AutoCAD*|ACLT|ACADLT" SeriesMin="R18.2" />
<Components Description="CUI">
<RuntimeRequirements SupportPath="./Contents/;./Contents/Resources/" OS="Win32|Win64" Platform="AutoCAD*" SeriesMin="R18.2" />
<ComponentEntry AppName="CAD4Test" ModuleName="./Contents/cad4.cuix" AppDescription="Sapa CAD4" />
</Components>
<Components Description="CUI">
<RuntimeRequirements SupportPath="./Contents/;./Contents/Resources/" ToolPalettePath="./" OS="Win32|Win64" Platform="ACLT|ACADLT" SeriesMin="R18.2" />
<ComponentEntry AppName="CAD4Test" ModuleName="./Contents/cad4.cuix" AppDescription="CAD4 Test" />
</Components>
</ApplicationPackage>

It works in AutoCAD full version but in AutoCAD LT 2020 only the cuix file is loaded.

For debug reason I added ToolPalettePath and this actually works in AutoCAD LT 2020.

I also had to add "ACADLT" for platform even if the documentation says "ACLT".

There is a difference between AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT about the registry key where the paths are saved.
In AutoCAD it is saved under a profile and the "General" key and the string value "ACAD".

In AutoCAD LT it is saved under "<<Unnamed Profile>>", the "General" key but a string value called "Support"

But I shouldn't have to deal with this?

I suppose this should be handle by the "plugin loader".

What is the reason "SupportPath" doesn't work in AutoCAD LT 2020?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta