Did you mean: 

Tool palette customisation

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
429 Views, 8 Replies

Tool palette customisation

Hi,

I am trying to set up a tool palette of hatches. I have hatched various rectangles with two hatches (i.e. solid hatch with conc hatch over the top) deleted the rectangle and then blocked each pattern, saved the dwg and then dragged onto palette. However then i then try to use the hatch it only comes in as the block and not as a hatch pattern - what am i missing? I have tried this with a single hatch still with the same problem? Thanks in advance!
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

don't make it a block... just leave it as a hatch pattern...

Make sure it is an associative hatch...

And after you save the dwg, drag it into the palette... Don't delete the rectangle or boundary... just drag and drop it in the palette...

if you made it a block, it is referencing the hatch as a block, not a hatch.

hope that helps...
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

is there a trick as to how to drag hatch to tool pallete. i can't do it.tried the samples from the autocad pallettes but they're not associative. is there a way to make them associative. thanks.
Message 4 of 9
RocksterB

It is an odd move indeed. First left click on the object, then left click hold and drag to the pallete. That works for me.
Message 5 of 9
steve-NEO

Woooooo there, In that order? lol. Just thought I would add some humor to the day!!
Message 6 of 9
RocksterB

Thanks for the morning smile.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

thanks i was able to do that before but now i couldn't.

found a setting in options/selection. "press and drag" has to be ticked. for some reason it was not selected. thanks
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

found a setting in options/selection. "press and drag" has to be ticked. for some reason it was not selected. thanks
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report