Did you mean: 

programs for descriptive data in XData

39 REPLIES 39
Message 1 of 40
АлексЮстасу
2546 Views, 39 Replies

programs for descriptive data in XData

Hi all,

I want to collect free programs for descriptive data in XData to create the minimum required command set for users. With refinement, addition for their convenient and effective use.
As a result, I want to make a set of commands set to all users for convenient work with XData.

I suggest that you place here such your and other people's free programs, created a long time ago or recently, etc. - all for XData.
It would be good to indicate their authors when and where they were published, and for what they are intended.

When enough programs are collected, can take the best ideas from them.

For example:
- listxd.lsp - view Xdata content,
- xd.lsp - also viewing Xdata content from gile,
- modif_xdata.lsp - editing of Xdata content.

-- Alexander, private person, pacifist, english only with translator 🙂 --

Object-modeling _ odclass-odedit.com _ Help

39 REPLIES 39
Message 21 of 40

It would be nice for the window to disappear when cursor on an object without Apps.

Alas, I don't know how to control a color with negative values...
For example, how to determine the color RGB 224,224,224 or 240,240,240?

Message 22 of 40

@АлексЮстасу  a écrit :

It would be nice for the window to disappear when cursor on an object without Apps.

Alas, I don't know how to control a color with negative values...
For example, how to determine the color RGB 224,224,224 or 240,240,240?

Ok for disappear when haven't objects with Apps

I have restitued for the function work's on xref (it's are not work after have make usage for complex entities)

For color it is not for RGB, simply 256 colors.

For example:

line 22: 250 (dark grey), you can put 176 (dark blue) for texts with color no forced in MTEXT

line 28: 255 (white), you can put 254 (ligth grey) for background.

Message 23 of 40

Yeah, it got better! Thank you!

Apps are displayed on all objects!

1. But now only one Apps for objects is always displayed, not all.

2. About Esc. Those who constantly draw in the AutoCAD always hold their left hand on Esc - they use it "automatically" to terminate the commands.

3. Perhaps it would be good to insert this inscription when you click the left mouse button? Insert at nearest point of object? With the command continuing.

4. Against the lighter background, it reads better. I could not influence the background color in line 28...

5. It seems to me that ttf fonts read poorly - "shaggy." Thin fonts are better read - txt.shx, simplex.shx:

dyn_read_xdata_Font_Fill.png

Message 24 of 40

For XData, for many actions (view, edit, select, change descriptions, etc.), it would be convenient to have a window combining the selection of App and the display of their fields ("order and quantity of dxf codes"):

xdedit_app_edit_PARCEL.png

There are lisp's from or based on its developments (for example, xdedit_l.lsp - attached), showing first the App selection window, and then the view-edit window of their content:

xdedit_app_PARCEL.png    xdedit_edit_PARCEL.png
Is it possible to make one common window from these two windows?
Such a common window is more convenient for users - it is easier to make decisions, less actions.

Message 25 of 40

@CADaSchtroump,

Excuse me! Multiple Apps on the same object are shown!

My 1.
I was looking at the wrong data.  😞

Message 26 of 40

And in general, need to decide how to deal with XData, created by the AutoCAD itself (for example, in Viewports, in Hatch etc.), vertical applications and such as PE_URL (Hyperlinks).

ACAD -Viewport and other

GradientColor2ACI - Hatch
GradientColor1ACI - Hatch
PE_URL - Hyperlink
SAVE_MAP_TO_AUTOCAD - Map 3D Converted Objects to ACAD

It is still bad that there is no list of such XData...

For example:
1. Do not show them to the user at all, and do not process them.
2. Show and do not process.
Option: show, marking them somehow - with color or a sign...
3. Show and process. But, for example, give a warning so that can refuse to act (when creating Apps, removing, editing).

For some reason, I did not come across a discussion of this in the forums. I came across million+ different routines for removing XData, removing all XData, but not discussing whether it would damage the models...

Message 27 of 40

Archive of 30+ free routines for XData found and selected by me from the network.
Also, these routines can be seen on my website in the Additionally section, in the subsection "Free programs for XData other authors:," "Different programs for XData:."
With short explanations.
The collection will be supplemented.

Message 28 of 40

Hi all,

Can give examples difficult/complex and examples of voluminous XData?
I would like to check different programs for XD on such data.

Message 29 of 40

To view and edit XData, a new version is created - xdvedit.lsp. It is based on the excellent xdedit.lsp from

_gile and dialogue from Lee Mac for two linked lists with optimization of work from VVA.
In xdvedit.lsp are taken useful ideas, added some necessary checks and improvements and removed restrictions.
In general, viewing and editing XData in xdedit.lsp is easier and faster.

Message 30 of 40

Sometimes the "Hover" dialog remains, even when another appears.

Message 31 of 40

A better, more complete answer will be given by the author himself - CADaSchtroumpf.
But he later sent me a newer version of DYN_READ_XDATA - see attach.

You can also get new routines for XData - XDTOOLS.

Message 32 of 40

Routines have already been created for basic actions that provide the creation of descriptive user data in XData. See the XDTOOLS project.

There are ideas about creating routines for better and more convenient use of XData.

To augment the XDTOOLS :
1. Loading object property values into XData.
2. Assigning object properties based on values in XData.

3. Loading Appnames XDatas into Hyperlinks. (done)
4. Removing Appnames XDatas from Hyperlinks. (done)
5. Loading "Text to display" Hyperlinks into the specified XDatas. (done)
6. Creating an ID in the specified XData field with possible prefixes and suffixes. (done)
7. Exchanging values from specified fields of different XData. (done)
8. Calculations for the values of the specified XData field.
9. Loading the content of text objects (texts, multitexts, multileaders, dimensions) into the specified XData field of the objects located near (within the specified tolerance) the text objects.
10. Uploading values from XData fields as contents of the corresponding text objects.
11. Creating Tables from the XData content.

And so on.

I invite to participate in the XDTOOLS project, to create routines for user-friendly and safe addition of descriptive information to objects.

Message 33 of 40

When reading on forums and in articles about XData, I came across somewhere that it's impossible to make a program for searching for values in XData fields.
But it turned out to be possible, and it's done, and it works - XDTOOLS_SELVALUES.

_0-1644177416889.png

Message 34 of 40

some amazing tools

do you know of a combination of copying certain XDATA to clipboard and pasting in TEXT or MTEXT or LEADER?

thankyou

Message 35 of 40

Hi, @a_huygen,

How exactly are these tools amazing?

I don't know yet about the possibility of directly copying XData content into text objects.

Two posts above in the list of planned tools there are paragraphs 9-11 about the relationship of XData content with the content of text objects.

Message 36 of 40

amazing because it enhances vanilla autocad greatly.

i do use legacy addon in autocad . Now i can do more.

For example GIS to vanilla or XDATA to GIS via MAP.

thanks . hope you could add more programs in the future

Tags (2)
Message 37 of 40

@a_huygen ,

Thank you, for the good appreciation of our project!

I never cease to be amazed, either:
1. The ability for users to add their descriptive data to XData has potentially existed in vanilla (i.e. all!) AutoCAD for 31 years. And a little less so in Xrecord.
2. Autodesk hasn't made this potential feature relevant in all that time - it hasn't given tools for it to users. Neither for working in XData, nor in Xrecord.

"Now i can do more" - yes, adding descriptive data makes models informationally much richer, more efficient. Exactly a lot more efficient than descriptive data in block attributes.

But you have to remember that XData's capabilities are limited, and you can do small projects with it. The capabilities of Xrecord would allow you to do almost any project, but nobody (and Autodesk) is going to give users the tools for Xrecord.

We are doing very slowly since most of the programs in XDTOOLS are created mostly by one person, an amateur who is very inexperienced in programming.

Message 38 of 40

☹️☹️☹️

@CADaSchtroumpf created two programs for unloading and loading XData into csv, txt - All_XD2CSV.lsp and CSV2XD.lsp.
They unload all specified XData at once and load all csv, txt with specified prefix.

We also created similar commands - XDTOOLS_2CSV and XDTOOLS_CSV2.

XDTOOLS_CSV2 is based on a program from @CADaSchtroumpf.

XDTOOLS_2CSV.png
The uploads are in two variants - in a common file and in individual files for each XData.

The resulting csv, txt can be imported directly or, with quite a bit of rework, into block attributes, Object Data, etc.

Now you can promptly unload data from XData, make any changes (in Excel or the like), and load it back.

Or use descriptive, attributive data to create explications, reports, etc.

Message 39 of 40

I just wanted to say thanks for the collection of xdata lisps, I've just started learning XData and they have been very useful examples. I found the dyn_read_xdata lisp was very helpful but noticed it was giving me issues with errors on the grread loop and when using in non-world UCSs. I've had a go at minimally modifying the grread loop, insertionpoint and rotation components with comments added where modified and seems to be working more reliably for me so I thought I'd share in case others are using it for check to see if their lisps are producing results as out there as mine.

Cheers, 

Dan.

Message 40 of 40

@daniel.vonk_transport 

Hi Dan,

Good point, I had omitted this situation in any UCS.
But in my opinion, to resolve this malfunction as simply as possible and save the UCS temporarily, go to the WCS, at the start of the procedure and at the end restore the UCS then erase it. In this way the procedure will always be reliable.
I attach the corrected file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost