Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

PROGRAMMING CHALLENGE 02/23 - CLOCK WISE

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
john.uhden
865 Views, 22 Replies

PROGRAMMING CHALLENGE 02/23 - CLOCK WISE

This challenge is to use AutoLisp only to create a list of strings representing the times (HH:MM:SS) when the hour hand, minute hand, and second hand of an analog clock are all pointing in the same direction (angle) in one (1) rotation of the hour hand (12 hours).
I imagine it will require a few simple but clever formulas, and may even a (while) loop to converge on the solutions.  I have done nothing as yet.
Yes, you may use a fuzz factor of 0.4 seconds or 2e-06 radians (if I converted that correctly).

Of course you should work on this only in your spare TIME.  ๐Ÿ™‚

John F. Uhden

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
john.uhden
in reply to: Sea-Haven

@Sea-Haven ,

I see the author's name, but I don't get what the image is supposed to identify.

Is that supposed to represent Oct. 22, 2023?

Oh yeah.  That's why the day of the week is Sunday.

Pretty cool!

So, I am wondering why he didn't respond to this challenge.  Maybe his clock is behind a few days.   (BTW, what happened to the emojis?)

John F. Uhden

Message 22 of 23
Sea-Haven
in reply to: john.uhden

If you wiggle mouse as suggested the clock ticks. It starts at current time and day etc. I am pretty sure this is a newer version the old one did tick while you watched. 

Message 23 of 23
john.uhden
in reply to: Sea-Haven

@Sea-Haven ,

Yes, the sticking annoys me.  He had added a (grread) which I don't think was necessary.

'Twould be really nifty if he were to add functions to change all of the hands and time based on moving (rotating) any of the hands (just like Darius Rucker in "Wagon Wheel)."  It could use a reactor instead of a (grread).

John F. Uhden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report