LISP files added to Enterprise CUIx not loading

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
robinyearwood
349 Views, 3 Replies

LISP files added to Enterprise CUIx not loading

Good day,

I am the defacto CAD manager of a small firm. In past I have set up everyone's AutoCAD environment manually by adding the custom menus and lisp files to their individual ACAD.cuix files.

Now, I want to automate this process by using an Enterprise CUIX. I have created an Enterprise CUIX and put in on a network drive. I point all the other workstations to this location and all the menus and workspaces load fine.

However, the lisp files in the "LISP Files" section of the Enterprise appear to not load. Whenever a user tries to run a command that references the lisp files AutoCAD gives an error says, "command not found".

When I make changes to the Enterprise CUIX all the users automatically see those changes including any Lisp files added to the list in the "LISP Files" section of the Enterprise CUIX, but AutoCAD doesn't recognize the commands until I load them again in the Main CUIX. 

I have worked around this by just manually loading the lisp files into each user's Main CUIX, but I think that defeats the purpose of using the Enterprise CUIX. Am I missing something here? Are they additional steps to take so that the Enterprise CUIX Lisp files load at start up?

Thanks in advance for your help.

***THE POST TITLE HAS BEEN EDITED FOR CLARITY***

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kpblc2000
in reply to: robinyearwood

Why do you not use mnl-file to load any lsp/fas/vlx/arx/etc ?

Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.

Алексей Кулик aka kpblc | Aleksei Kulik aka kpblc Facebook | LinkedIn
autolisp.ru
Техническая поддержка программистов Autodesk в СНГ
Библиотека пользовательских lisp-функций | Custom Lisp-function library

Message 3 of 4
greg_battin
in reply to: robinyearwood

In the same folder as the CUIx file needs to be a file with the same name as the CUIx file but with .mnl at the end.

Among other settings that you want to set, this .MNL file should have your loading calls of your desired LISP files.

MNL in CUI Folder.png

In your .mnl file, the "loading calls" can look something like the following:

;;----------------------------------------------------------------------;;
;; Greg's Drafting Tools						;;
;;									;;
;; Uses the AutoCAD custom.cui instead of creating a new one		;;
;;									;;
;;----------------------------------------------------------------------;;
(princ (load "C:\\Gregs_Tools\\AddObjectsToBlockV1-1.lsp" "\nAddObjectsToBlockV1-1.lsp not loaded"))
(princ (load "C:\\Gregs_Tools\\ArrayBetweenPoints.lsp" "\nArrayBetweenPoints.lsp not loaded"))
(princ (load "C:\\Gregs_Tools\\AssociativeCenterlineV1-0.lsp" "\nAssociativeCenterlineV1-0.lsp not loaded"))
(princ (load "C:\\Gregs_Tools\\BigPurge.lsp" "\nBigPurge.lsp not loaded"))
(princ (load "C:\\Gregs_Tools\\Block Align.lsp" "\nBlock Align.lsp not loaded"))
(princ (load "C:\\Gregs_Tools\\bnum.lsp" "\nbnum.lsp not loaded"))
etc...

As long as your lisp files and any needed files that they might need like .dcl (dialog files) are in a folder that is included in your support file search path and also in your "Trusted Paths" they should be found and loaded...

I hope this helps. It is a very simplified example,

~Greg

(Edit: Nevermind the folders paths shown in the image. this is simply where I have saved this example CUIx & MNL... It should be at the path listed in the MNL code...)

Message 4 of 4
robinyearwood
in reply to: greg_battin

Thank you, this is what I was missing, I assumed having it in the LISP files section was enough for it to load. I will implement this as soon as possible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta