Did you mean: 

Interrogate .DWG file

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
935 Views, 6 Replies

Interrogate .DWG file

First and Foremost please direct me to the proper forum if this is in the wrong place!

Secondly, I am not an AutoCAD user so my experience is novice at best.

Background Information of GOAL

The goal of what we are trying to accomplish is to convert a drawing to .pdf using acConsole by taking the following steps:

Copy file to local filesystem folder Working on "server" where AutoCAD 2019 is installed. 

Execute ACCORECONSOLE.EXE

Pass .SCR file and the Path\FileName

The output of the Publish/Plot to .Pdf command is placed into the Completed folder 

This process works great as long as we have the correct scale settings and if we only have a drawing with a single layer/page.

This becomes problematic when we have a drawing that has multiple pages or a model. etc.

When we try to execute the Publish command to get a single .pdf it does work interactively using the user interface in AutoCad, however it seems to take at least '10 times' (subjective) longer than Plotting each page to a single .pdf.  We test our commands that are called using the actual AutoCAD software then we use them with ACCONSOLE.EXE

Question

1. Is there a way to interrogate a .dwg file to determine the following:
    1. if it has multi-sheets
    2. the scale of the drawing

If this is in the wrong forum please provide guidance

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cadffm
in reply to: Anonymous

What is the difference to your thread started last thursday?

Wrong forum? Not really and i think it fits better then the normal AutoCAD-Forum (where you post last thursday), so it's ok.

But if this thread is about the same thing as the last thread, we should stop THIS thread here and push the other one.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

What is different?  Nothing, but I asked multiple questions and did not get an answer to all of them so i am splitting it into separate issues so that i can get everything that i need answered.

Message 4 of 7
maratovich

I think that you need to use additional printing features - Lisp, VBA, programs.
They will be able to determine the title block, create the desired scale and print area.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Software development
Automatic creation layouts and viewport. Batch printing drawings from model.
www.kdmsoft.net
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: maratovich

This is what I needed.  Thanks for the response.

Message 6 of 7
cadffm

ok, i do not understant why you start THIS thread, the source question is also in the other

thread and my mind to:

"and did not get an answer to all of them so i am splitting it into separate issues"

Please? You got answers there, sure not to all questions, but some - good as starter.

It's your part to give feedback now (because it is your problem, your thread, your questions).

The biggest problem is: You are not an AutoCAD user and so we can sure you are not able to create own programs to do what you want, so your experience is novice at best.

I would ask an appropriate service provider that offers custom programming in AutoCAD,
or to live with that not all perfectly possible if basic data is missing (If the layouts do not have a proper page setup).

Do you even know if the accoreconsole is a good idea for the task?
Finally, depending on the file content restrictions when plotting on the accoreconsole!
If this is known to you, think about third part program content like rtext or ole content, or has already been analyzed and declared unproblematic,

then it is ok and you can plot hundreds of layouts in seconds (when using acc in parallel processes / multiple instance at the same time)

Thanks for answer my question here, we should switch to the other one now.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

This extensive diatribe doesn't resolve anything.  Unfortunately there is no way to take a thread and close it so people don't continue to respond.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report