Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting a string type nil error when trying to gather info from a dialogue input box and combine it with other strings

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
joshmcdalton
592 Views, 1 Reply

I am getting a string type nil error when trying to gather info from a dialogue input box and combine it with other strings

The program basically gets info from a points description and gets the text from a text item and adds the text item to the points description. The dialogue boxes allow for the user to select some parameters, like is it for lots, lots and blocks, or other. I have been working on this program for multiple days now and it is so close to working. I can get through the dialogue boxes with no problem, and I can get the desired effect with some of the trees (ones where it is simply just getting the info from the point and text item and adding them together like lots). The problem comes when I ask the user to input a number (in this case it is a block number I.E. Block 1Upon putting in the number and selecting the point and a text item, I get string type nil error. Right now I think it could be due to trying to add a string which contains a space " " or the input on the dialogue box maybe isn't a string

Here is strcat command I am referencing:

(vlax-put-property p_obj 'rawdescription (strcat p_desc " BLOCK " type1 " " obj))

And here is the program getting the info from the box:

(action_tile "type1" "(setq type1 $value)")

Below are screenshots with more of the code including both of the functions and the dcl it is referencing.

Any help would be appreciated! I have been all over the internet, but I feel like I am stuck. If you need more info, let me know! 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
joshmcdalton
in reply to: joshmcdalton

I figured it out! Just had to not declare the type1 variable locally in the txcm_block function because I declared it in the nest2 function!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report