Did you mean: 

Get License Expiration Day

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
ccalvo12
1334 Views, 10 Replies

Get License Expiration Day

Hello, I am trying to see how to get the "License expiration day", this information is in the "License Manager" or "Product Information" dialog box. Thanks to that date it is possible to determine which license agreement the user is using.

With which system variable it is possible to obtain this data or where it is found in the REGEDIT. I need to create a routine which I must deploy on several machines.

Thank you

Labels (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
dmfrazier
in reply to: ccalvo12

That information is not stored in a system variable and it is not stored in the Windows registry.

Probably it is stored in a file, somewhere, which is encrypted in some way.

What are you hoping to do with your "routine"?

Message 3 of 11
ccalvo12

Hello,
Thanks for your answer, it turns out that we have several subscriptions with different expiration dates, the problem is that when seats are assigned to users, we do not know which contract is being referred to. This in order to more or less identify which users may be left without a license or when the one assigned will expire.

Message 4 of 11
ccalvo12
in reply to: dmfrazier

Hello,
Thanks for your answer, it turns out that we have several subscriptions with different expiration dates, the problem is that when seats are assigned to users, we do not know which contract is being referred to. This in order to more or less identify which users may be left without a license or when the one assigned will expire.
Message 5 of 11
dmfrazier

I understand exactly what you mean.

I'm afraid it is necessary to go to each machine, manually (visually) to get that information. You might discover that all users of a particular product actually have the same expiration date, based on the longest-running subscription that has that product. (But I am often wrong.)

I think this points to a plan by Autodesk to eventually combine all like products into subscriptions that have a single expiration date. Of course, that doesn't solve the current problem.

Message 6 of 11
Sea-Haven

If you have different serial numbers then it may be just that simple, go to www.autodesk/manage and get the expiry date, put serial number and expiry date in a data file, use (getvar '_pkser) to get serial number of current version, just check then.

Message 7 of 11
dmfrazier
in reply to: Sea-Haven

Command: (getvar '_pkser) "xxx-xxxxxxxx"

(Note: Although this shows up here as Xs, in AutoCAD it shows up as zeros.)

In some cases (maybe most), this will not be very helpful. 😉

Message 8 of 11
Sea-Haven

Never seen it display zero's. Are you testing in a Autodesk product ? Bricscad works also.

Message 9 of 11
dmfrazier
in reply to: Sea-Haven

No, not testing.

When the product is installed (perhaps depending on the method), there is not necessarily a prompt to supply a serial number.

The "privilege" to run the product is based on the Autodesk "sign-in" account and the associated active subscription (or valid trial period). There are serial numbers associated with the subscriptions, but apparently it is not necessary for the software to store that information in a system variable.

Message 10 of 11
ccalvo12

Hello, know with what account the user started session in the software to activate it if it can be obtained with a variable, but the expiration date of the license assigned to it does not, which for me is the most important thing to be able to know what contract it does. reference.
Greetings and thanks.

Message 11 of 11
dmfrazier

I think this is how Autodesk sees it: If you have a number of seats of a particular product spread across more than one contract with different expiration dates, they really don't care which users you have assigned (in your mind or in a spreadsheet) to which contract, because any of the users you manage could be using any of the licenses for the product you have assigned to them. If a contract expires, leaving you with fewer seats of the product, this just means you have too many users assigned to the product, and Autodesk will tell you (via the management portal or in no uncertain terms when any of those excess users attempts to launch the software).

All you really need to know is which contract has the nearest upcoming expiration date and how many users will be impacted if/when that contract expires.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report