Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block with Attributes

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kzD1219
643 Views, 1 Reply

Dynamic Block with Attributes

I have created a block with annotative attributed text and it worked great.  I realized the text/attribute had to have a background mask so I erased the old attributed text and created new with multi-line text so I could add a background.

My problem is, when I insert the block into a drawing, I have to use attsync to make the attributes the correct size.  I don't want to do that.  I want the block to come in the correct size and attribute(text) size without having to use attsync.

What do I have to do to my block in order for it to work?  Like I said it worked great with just the plain attributed text, but now, not with the multi-line

text.

I have attached the block.  It is in metric.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
kzD1219
in reply to: kzD1219

NEW ISSUE

Ok, I remade the block, that seemed to do the trick, but now having an issue with the text.  When rotating the block/text to a certain point, then the text is upside down.  Are there any tricks that once a block is rotated to a certain point, the text automatically rotates to be readable instead of upside down? 

And also would like to flip the arrow to point 180 degrees in the opposite direction.

Maybe that is just one parameter altogether.

AttachedUntitled.jpg is the new block I am using and hoping to figure out how to flip the text around.

My list of parameters...must have 3 visibilites, normal text, bold and no text at all.  The text needs to have a background mask, and moveable.  The text needs to always read the correct way, rotate with the arrow, and I need to be able to flip the arrow 180 degrees from where it is at. 

Is that even possible?  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report