Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Is there a quick method for polylines to be trimmed then hatched?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ecje29
288 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD Is there a quick method for polylines to be trimmed then hatched?

Hello,

I'm using AutoCAD 2018. I have to draft a huge number of polylines with an offset of 50mm. These polylines need to the trimmed then hatched. I’ve tried using the Mline command with an infill but after exploding, the infill disappears. I’ve also tried using the Plinewid command set to 50mm and the same issue occurs after exploding.

Does anyone know of a lisp or method whereby I can select all the polylines and trim all at once so I can quickly apply the hatching? It is very time consuming having to trim all the polylines so I need to find a faster method. I’ve attached an example showing what needs to be done. I would appreciate any help with this.  

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Moshe-A
in reply to: ecje29

@ecje29  hi,

Why work hard, when AutoCAD have a tool to do this easy, instead of trimming all intersection think out of the box 😀 draw close boxed on a seperate layer by using BPOLY command. bpoly quickly creates a closed polyline by picking a point in the middle of each box. than just erase the inner lines and do your hatch - makes sense?!

Moshe

Message 3 of 4
Sea-Haven

For me start again if you want to draw columns of rectangs then do just that, draw 1 and Array. In saying Array are the rectangs meant to be same size left and right in dwg they are not. A lisp could easily do this for you using array or copy or just a repeat of the rectang command. 

Another question 1 side is not parallel is that correct ? The lisp could cater for this even trapezoid shape.

If you confirm the rules about the inside rectangs a coded solution will be very quickly provided by some one.

SeaHaven_0-1684284016309.png

Message 4 of 4
komondormrex

hey,

not quick but effective approach may be as such. add intersection points to every pline or line (better to convert to pline) in question. explode all plines and delete lines with length within 50+delta mm. then either add hatch by selecting all resulting lines or convert all lines by joining them to respectful plines and again add hatch by selecting all resulting plines. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report