Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Wipeout to Perimeter of Block LISP

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
anderson51
1470 Views, 12 Replies

Add Wipeout to Perimeter of Block LISP

Is there a way to add a wipeout to the perimeter of a block without have to draw a polyline?

Thanks,

Anderson

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
ronjonp
in reply to: anderson51

Probably best to post your block. Also there is a wealth of information to programmatically add wipeouts HERE.

Message 3 of 13
anderson51
in reply to: ronjonp

I am talking Blocks in general.

Thanks, Ill check out the link.

Message 4 of 13
ronjonp

@anderson51 wrote:

I am talking Blocks in general.

Thanks, Ill check out the link.

Sounds good. Have you considered using a solid hatch with color 255,255,255 instead? I setup all my blocks many moons ago like this and it's worked great. :clinking_beer_mugs:

Message 5 of 13
anderson51

Im not sure Im following what you mean, can you post an example of how it turns out?

Thanks,

Message 6 of 13
ronjonp

Sure. The truecolor white prints white so it will hide objects behind it.

Message 7 of 13
Sea-Haven

A new question are you talking an individual block or all blocks of that name. Doing boundaries can be a bit hit miss.

Message 8 of 13
devitg

@anderson51 when @ronjonp  ask you to upload a sample , you say GENERAL BLOCK , and then you ask @ronjonp  to upload a sample.

Reciprocation is good a way to behave. 

Message 9 of 13
anderson51
in reply to: Sea-Haven

Individual blocks

Ive never attempted to use the boundary command, Ill have to check it out.

Thanks.

Message 10 of 13
anderson51

I like that idea, never thought of doing that before.

Thanks for the input!

Message 11 of 13
ronjonp

@anderson51 wrote:

I like that idea, never thought of doing that before.

Thanks for the input!

@anderson51 Glad to help! :clinking_beer_mugs: One nice thing about the hatch is you can create it from many different boundaries where wipeouts need straight segment boundaries. I Changed to these when I was having issues with the wipeouts printing black on plans ... but that was over 10 years ago.

Message 12 of 13
Sea-Haven

Using the Bounding box function in vl is the simplest this will give a box around the block based on x y, in saying that it is possible to get the same for a rotated block where the box is to be on an angle. If the block needs a different shape it becomes way harder. 

Message 13 of 13
john.uhden
in reply to: Sea-Haven

"way harder" is an understatement.  One can not find the irregular limits of a block even by ray-casting and getboundingbox and intersectwith methods because the bounding box is always just a rectangle encompassing the outer limits of the block.  Same is true for mtext.  It would be better to manually add either the wipeout or white-out to the block definition.  Just draw a polyline around the visual limits on a unique layer, say "WIPEOUT" and fill it using the preferred method.  I prefer using wipeouts.

John F. Uhden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report